1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BIG Storm Cancels TS.com Dinner

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

This was about as close to a tornado as I want to get. I understand Sparta is out of power. I drove around and saw about 50 percent of the Vendors Tents down including the Butcher Block. Many porta toilets on their sides. Scoring beches blown 2 or 3 hundred yards South into the campgrounds. A Polaris Ranger blew from the trap line into a fifth wheel by me and did serious damage. Alot of garbage and lawn chairs to pick up. Double decker trailer is laying on its side maybe with a vehicle inside? Looks less bad over by the shot off area. Still storming and fingers crossed that no one was hurt. Unfortunately no TS.com dinner tonight. Will try to put together something for tomorrow night.

blade819

2. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Good luck!! Hope no one was hurt. Vehicles and such can be replaced, lives can't.

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Incblade819, a bunch of us went to Pioneer Cabin as we were coinciding my birthday dinner and ts get together. To bad you didn't make it as we had a hoot.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

We will try for tomorrow night again. After having our camper lifted off it's wheels...WITH ME IN IT...I decided that Willisville was safer than Sparta, as we saw a second storefront headed our way. Our camper is now sitting on Top Of our electric clothes dryer, which was plugged in to out outside outlet. I hope our axle is not trashed.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

FWIW, it was a tornado, even if it did not touch down. I have been in 4 tornadoes in my life, and you don't forget that roar. It was very loud as our camper was lifted off the ground and set back down. The pads underneath the levelers were across the road a few minutes later.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A tornado that does not touch down is a funnel cloud.

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Brian, look at the pics "hitnmiss" posted.

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

pheasantmaster..... sorry I wasn't there. We'll try to be there tonight but I turned in my car this am so we'll have to catch a ride. We could have celebrated mine (on 19th) also. I'm just glad that everyone is ok and no serious damage occured. storm came from the north and my theory is that since most campers/motorhomes face the north, that had a lot to do with them remaining stable.

blade819

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

blade819, did you make it to Pioneer lastnite? We had another engagement and couldn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.