1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Shoots at the Dollar How Many?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

How many big shoots a year are there at the Silver Dollar? I am considering buying a modular home near the dollar. Tarpon Road. I am considering using it for a vacation home but renting it out to shooters for events at the Dollar. It is a 2 bedroom with 1 queen bed and one king bed .Amenities include 3 car carport, fully furnished and equipped, and community pool. Any thoughts? Not sure of exact distance but probably around 5 miles from the club. Bulge.

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://silverdollartrap.com/events

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

They bare a satellite for the Southern Zone also. Talk that they may lose the Dixie grand.

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

From December through the end of March there are shoots of some size most every week. In December, there's the Club Championships and just before that, either Thanksgiving weekend or the week before, the FTA Fall Championship. Starting in January, the Dixie (heard the same talk about losing it, but don't think it will happen), then there's the Beretta Shoot, the WhiteFlyer Shoot, the PVA Shoot, the Southern Grand and the State Shoot. I am sure I left a couple out.

You might be able to buy that vacation home at the Dollar for a very good price (lots of the shooters are getting older and selling) unless you are set on Tarpon Rd. The Dollar is convenient since there would be a place to go between events and there are other things happening there during these months.

Bob

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Buldge, The shoots are just a added source of rentals for people who use there home part time. There is the option of renting for the season lots of shooters come down for the winter season think long term rental in this situation.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

As the real estate market in Florida has not bottomed out, you may want to rethink becoming an owner.

If you want to make money from a Florida investment, be the owner of a body shipping business....

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.