1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Red Oak Plantation south of Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by noknock1, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Had the chance to shoot a round of sporting clays and 5 stand at Big Red Oak. It is a gorgious place to shoot. No trap fields, but it still felt nice to shoot a shotgun in some warm weather. LOL. Nice folks down there. I would highly encourage checking the place out if in the neighborhood.

2. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

As a member of BRO, there are a number of other things to participate in. We have a practice parcour with 12 individual trap machines including a rabbit, a 90 mm, a battue, a chondele and any other presentation you can imagine. The traps on this field are controlled by a long range controller, so you can stand anywhere on the field and shoot the traps. We also have a 40 foot tower with a wobble trap on it. There are actually 2 sporting courses. One is the quail (easy), and the other is the pheasant (hard). As mentioned above there is a 5 stand behind the club house.

Did I mention, we have had some of the most noted instructors teaching at BRO. Do the names of Anthony Matarese, Jr., Will Fennell, Wendell Cherry, John Woolley, Bill McGuire, and Curt Mauldin sound familiar? They have all been there giving instruction to their students at one time or another.

Did I mention they have quail hunting, deer hunting, turkey hunting, dog training, a 300 yard rifle range, a lodge to stay in, lunch service, etc? We also have Mike Sherman with PMS firearms stop in from time to time to work on our guns and Granny is there to provide us with our ear protection.

Sounds like I am advertising for them, doesn't it?

Harvey Schwartz

3. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Mike didn't tell me about the rifle range, but he showed me the pictures of the nice bucks taken on the property. It is great that they have managed to keep hogs off the property, I saw all kinds of property damage down there and around Columbus, GA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.