1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lucky hunter, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky hunter

lucky hunter Member

I am currently shooting a Browning Cynergy classic trap combo...i have shot it quite well and actually shot my best scoe with it last yr. That being said i have the chance to trade it in for a brand new CG Impact Summit trap. My question is will the browning hold up as long as the CG will? I have only shot the Cynergy 6000 times and have had absolutly no problems with it.

Thanks
    LH

2. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I'm inclined to say go with the CG. It will take you awhile to get it tuned to shoot where you look, I'm sure the Browning took some getting comfortable with. CG's are great shooters and very well made. Service is head and shoulders above Browning. The first thing you will notice about the CG is lack of recoil. GO FOR IT.

3. Scootermac50

Scootermac50 Active Member

I went from a browning to a SKB now I shoot a Guerini. I have probably put 20k through the guerini, not one problem. Plus customer service is great. If it were me the deal would be done. IMHO

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The CG is alot nicer gun however i would not be scared of either as far as reliablity goes.

Matt

5. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

If you can afford the difference in cost, and you want to, go ahead.

I question why you would get out of a gun with which you shot your best scores? You are only shooting 6000(?) a year with it which isn't much, so it should last you a long time yet. It is already shooting where you look and requires no tuning or period of adjustment. As for the service issue, you aren't shooting enough rounds per year that this should enter into the equation for years to come. Recoil is the same in any gun with the same loads, according to the laws of physics, so weight and fit will be the determining factors in PERCEIVED recoil.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gary--Some very deep thought went into that post. I think you were pretty darn accurate and nailed the bullseye.

Just buy it or you will second guess yourself the rest of your life. Just don't be shocked if the new gun doesn't put up the scores of the old gun. Been there done that..........

Matt

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

LH,

You already know the answer to this. Just pick up your dad's gun, and compare it with yours.

The Cynergy is a very good gun. If you're shooting well with it, you won't shoot any better with the Caesar Guerini. Will the Guerini last longer? I doubt it. You've got a bunch of rounds through your Cynergy now, how's it holding up? I'll bet it's just fine, and you haven't had any trouble with it.

Just remember, there is always another gun out there. I will always council a shooter to wait until he can afford to buy the second gun without trading in the first. The internet is full of those who wish they'd never sold that gun they shot so well. I'll say the same to you. If you really want a Guerini, they will still be there in a few months. This deal may be gone, but there will be another. Bird in the hand my friend.

8. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Buy it, you only live once!

9. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

13. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

14. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LH: About your Browning you said, "I have shot it quite well and actually shot my best score with it last year." LOL, so why in the world would you consider switching guns? You'll likely get even better with it this year. Learn the lesson many of the rest of us had to learn the hard way -- when you find a gun that works for you, stick with it!

Do you think Rudy Etchen's 870 pump gun was the best gun on the line? Of course not, but it worked for him so he stuck with it and got better and better.

Take your hard earned money and spend it on something else. If you've got Gun Lust, go buy a collector gun or a hunting gun. Enjoy life, my Brother -- don't spend it torturing yourself by screwing up your shooting every time you get bored with your trusty gun.

Does it perhaps sound like I might know a little bit about this subject? Guess how? LOL.

-Gary

16. lucky hunter

lucky hunter Member

Rastoff...The CG is actually my dads gun and he told me that if i don't want to shoot the CG he would possiblly sell it but if i wanted the CG he would sell my Browning.

17. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Well, then, you need to take both guns out and give them vigorous trials. You should know what to do after a few boxes of comparisons......breakemall

18. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I see. Then you have your answer. BDodd is exactly correct. Just go shoot the Guerini, and see how you do with it. The scores don't lie. Pick the one that works better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.