1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ole Watermelon---------anyone seen one?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Ya probably aren't gonna believe this, or maybe I shoud start off by saying, "Hold my beer and watch this chit". But this is an actual story that happened to me here in East Texas.

Raised of a farm and loving watermelons, I have raised melons for the last few years. Course, conversation always comes around to who has the biggest melons, WATERMELONS DANG IT!!!

Can't truthfully say who has, or in this case had, the biggest melon, cause that is the rest of the story.

Was out in the field havein a melon thump early one morning, yeah, that's the best time to thump em to tell when they are ripe, and we found a good sized one that two of us couldn't get loaded in the pickup. We had a few in the bed of the truck already so we went and unloaded them and rounded up some help.

Wound up with 4 of us and the crew of illegals came over to help. We kinda rolled the melon on the tarp and 4 of us got to pullin it up in the bed of the truck, while the illegals pushed. Bout half-way in, you guessed it, the tarp ripped. Dang melon came slidin outta the truck, busted all over the ground, and drownded two meskins. Never did get to weigh that thang, course we did weigh tht BIG ones later on.

2. claybuster38

claybuster38 Member

I got a big striper I have been feedin and watchin closely- turning dark now-I even gave it a1/8 turn today. Marv

3. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Hoosier Daddy, they are also full of vitamin P.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.