1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big News, Colorado Shooters!!

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by SongDogSniper, Sep 20, 2013.

1. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

For the first time in over a decade the Colorado State Shoot will be held on the eastern slope.

The Pikes Peak Gun Club in Colorado Springs will be holding the 2014 shoot. Of course, specifics are minimal at this point but, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Gene

2. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Sportshot-----

That's a fair request. You can probably "hear" the excitement in my previous post. We're looking forward to the challenge. My original title just was a reference to the fact of it's going to be a lot of work.

Gene.

3. Hotchkiss

Hotchkiss TS Member

Let me be one of the first from the Delta Trap Club to congratulate Pikes Peak
    for hosting the 2014 Colorado State Shoot. Putting on such a shoot is a lot of
    prep and hard work. If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know. Roger Christian, President, Delta Trap Club

4. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Congrats. Hope we can make it down for the shoot.

Bud

5. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

There has been a HUGE response to this announcement already. We have been pleasantly surprised and thank all of you very much.

Roger-- Thank You! And I may be calling on you for that help one way or another. I'm relatively new to shooting trap and I've shot over there only 3 times. All 3 times have been an amazingly good time for me and the folks with me. Labor Day shoots will be on the calendar for me as long as you have them.

Gene

6. bjc682

bjc682 Member

Gene,

Great news. My son and I will be there.

On another note, is anyone going to post the scores from last weekends state zone shoot. There is a spot on trap shooter scores but no scores yet. Great job this past weekend. You guys will put on a great state shoot next year.

Thanks,

Bart

7. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Thanks for the kind words, Bart!! We certainly try to make our shoots a "Blast" (Pun Intended).

As far as the scores go, I'm hoping to have them up on Wednesday. This is our first attempt of posting them here and my computer geek is off until then. Keep looking on Wednesday and hopefully they'll be there.

Gene

8. leadvail

leadvail Member

You mean like these that Delta gave out for the 2013 State Shoot?

9. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

A worn out belt buckle eh? HeH. Pretty.

Hey Gene. Update us on the tentative Shoot dates would you? My bid sheet from PPGC has a typo in the dates and I don't want to repeat it here.

Thanks,

Don Thompson

10. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

Ladies and Gentlemen---

Tentative dates for the Colorado State Shoot @ the PPGC are June 11 thru June 15. We will be adding events to Wednesday (probably 100 each Singles, Handi, and Doubles).

Also, tentatively, Presquad will be open April 1.

Questions and inquiries can be sent to the club at iwla@elpasotel.net or myself at BOD7@PikesPeakGunClub.org. Camping inquiries should be sent to the IWLA address.

Gene

PS....Scores are up from the State Zone shoot. The championship doubles and handicap events are swapped so they don't look quite right, but you'll get the gist of it.

11. Don 2004

Don 2004 TS Member

I hope the club gets there slow traps fixed, starting with #3 before the state shoot. Don