1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Leo updates by pheasantmaster

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jawhawker, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I fear that our ongoing thread pertaining to Leo's recovery has both gotten long and has potential to deteriorate do to a post by myself.. So this will be a new start will updates to the well being of a cherished "bud".

My wife, I and an Aussie family who are dear friends (Billy Miles, daughter, son and two grandchildren) made a visit to the big guy last evening.

Upon entering Leo's room, His attention was focused on TV intently watching his beloved Cardinals in action. Leo seemed to look remarkably close to himself. He was in good spirits even though the Cards were loosing. Leo's thought process seemed at is optimum as always. While he had difficulty with saying words a few did come out although softly. Rehab has started and Leo was taken down the hallway for walks using his own strength with aids aside just in case. Leo has been eating with lastnites meal consisting of veggie soup and lasagna. While not up to his former pace, this is a substantial progress with his eating. Prior to his evening meal he has been consuming primarily ice cream n sherbet with some fruit or protein powder stirred in. I bet it won't be long till a blizzard or hot caramel fudge sundae is on the menu.lol The doctors have Leo on two antibiotics, alternating between them as there is still infection present in his system. Doctors are now surmising that the staff infection possibly entered through a dry foot condition Leo has been affected by for a couple years. His complexion is better concerning his liver condition and appears to Karla that it is lightening.

Billy and I both shook Leo's right hand upon leaving and were both amazed at the strength that is still retained.

More updates will follow on this thread as I receive them. I will monitor but don't intend to place further posts on the existing/initial post concerning Leo.

2. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Thanks Martin,, YOU DA MAN..Joe

3. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

Thank you for the update Martin! Give him our best!

Dave & Andrea

4. Caps9903

Caps9903 TS Member

"I bet it won't be long till a blizzard or hot caramel fudge sundae is on the menu.lol" Who's gonna sneak those in? lol.

Martin,

Thanks for the updates. It's good to hear he is making progress.

Chad

5. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Martin, thanks for the updates!

6. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for the updates. You are a good man.

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Thank you Martin for the update. Hopes and prayers still going out to Leo & Karla.

blade819

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for the up dates, Hope they have the cause nailed down for sure. Thats good progress. Dave

9. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Martin, you and Devi are the best friends anyone could hope to have. Thanks for the updates and the integrity.

Coach & Calamity

10. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

That is good news. I pray that progress will continue.

11. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

(They say laughter is the best medicine. I pray this helps)

A Baptist preacher and his wife decided to get a new dog. Ever mindful of the congregation, they knew the dog must also be a Baptist. They visited kennel after kennel and explained their needs. Finally, they found a kennel whose owner assured them he had just the dog they wanted. The owner brought the dog to meet the pastor and his wife.

"Fetch the Bible," the owner commanded. The dog bounded to the bookshelf, scrutinized the books, located the Bible, and brought it to the owner.

"Now find The 23rd Psalm," he commanded. The dog placed the Bible on the floor and showing marvelous dexterity with his paws, leafed through and, finding the correct passage, pointed to it with his index claw. The pastor and his wife were very impressed and purchased the dog.

That evening, a group of church members came to visit. The pastor and his wife began to show off the dog, having him locate several Bible verses. The visitors were very impressed.

One of the flock asked, "Can he do regular dog tricks, too?"

"I don't know, I haven't tried."

The pastor then pointed his finger at the dog. "Heel," commanded the Pastor.

The dog immediately jumped on a chair, placed one paw on the Pastor's forehead and began to howl.

The Pastor looked at his wife in shock and said, "Good Lord, Edith. He's a Pentecostal."

-

(disclaimer-the preceding was intended to be a joke. In no way was it designed to offend or demean any one's religious beliefs)

12. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Thank you for the news, That's the best news I have heard.

Rick Watson.

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I'm highly offended. A dog that would place his paw on the forehead of a pastor is a Phrenologist, NOT a Pentacostal.

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Chango "Go to your room!"

15. bas

bas Member

Martin, thanks so much for your updates and the new "shorter" thread. Sounds positive and we all hope and pray that it keeps heading in that direction.

16. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Martin and Devi...

please extend our best wishes to Karla and Leo.

milt and Jimette

(Great to see you both @ Sparta)!

17. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

I read the dog joke to Leo and he "smiled" as best he could! Things are slowly improving...

18. seitz245

seitz245 TS Member

Thats great Karla, we are all praying and praying and it sounds like they are working.

19. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Glad he is improving hopes and prayers sent for a full recovery

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There will be another mass said tomorrow (08-17-13 @ 6:30 Pm Arizona time)for Karla and Big Leo at my neighbors church here in Sun City, Arizona ... WPT ... (YAC) ...