1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

big labs in MI?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slayer, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

My big english lab passed last month from multiple causes. He lived a long and good life so I'm not grieving too badly. the grandkids are bugging me to get a new one so I will start looking soon. The kennel that we usually go to has moved away from the larger dogs that I like. Can anyone recomend a good kennel in lower MI that has English type labs of the larger variety? I will google it, but you can't beat personal experience. Here's a pic of my big boy Luka in better days with mom's dog. Bill
    [​IMG]

2. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

Beautiful dog

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Love the dogs Bill, sorry for your loss. He would want you to heal and move on so do buy another.

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I had one of his dogs years ago also. Or at least descended [supposedly] from his dogs. Actually..yeah if you don't mind. She was a real sweetheart, but died young from liver disease. Thanks so much. You can pm me with results, if any. Bill

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Be sure to check any dog from Ted for Cat Scratch Fever...Sorry! ; )) just couldn't resist.....your old boy looks like he was a super great pup...I love my english style black female..most mellow and disciplined dog I've ever owned..she truly lives to please me and see how much joy she can bring

6. drgondog

drgondog Member

Slayer - Liver Shunt?

A responsible breeder will spay a female that throws that to clip the genetic chain... and warn the folks they sold to out of that litter.

7. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

http://www.noreasterlabradors.com/
    They are on the East coadst but will ship anywhere. Great dogs. We have a black 3 year old and is about 110 pounds right now. Big boy.
    Harley Joe!

[​IMG]

8. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Not exactly what you are looking for but they were bred to hunt badgers. And after looking all over the couch where they hang out I haven't seen a single badger so I must say they are doing the job just fine. I'm sure they can be cross trained but haven't personally tried??

All joking aside sorry for your loss I know it can be tough. Jim W
    [​IMG]

9. Shotgun Specialties

Shotgun Specialties Active Member

I don't know if you want a puppy or 1-2 year old dog. We have mostly females at the moment, but might be able to help. My wife has been in Labs for over 15 years and the English Lab is the only thing we breed. Here's a couple of pictures. Email me with your # and I'll have her give you a call. Thanks Doug @ SGS ie; LjuticLane Labradors in Ohio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Nice looking dogs! Sent you an email, Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.