1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BIG DOG TO SHOOT THE HEARTLAND GRAND?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pride Engineer, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Yes folks, rumor has it the Big Dog from The World Famous Mn Dog Squad may shoot the Heartland Grand this weekend. It seems the Big Boy didn't get enough satisfaction out of winning one trophy at the recent shoot at his home kennel near Dulute, Mn. He was last seen packing his 34" barrel and his Perazzi combo gun for the trip south. Is he headed for Ackely or will he stop and check out the Jimmy Bowen babes at the Minneapolis Gun Club? You all know the Dog likes women with 150 pounders.

It's hard to predict what the Big pooch might do. Of course if the wind is right on Saturday morning, from the west, he might sniff the Jimmy Bowen Babes as he heads south on the freeway and be drawn to shoot the Minneapolis Gun Club jackpot. You know, The Big Dog is, the pointing type.

Mark Zauhar, official Big Dog watcher.

2. Duluth Fatboy

Duluth Fatboy Banned User Banned

Yes it is true The Big Dog is leaving for Iowa. He was last seen on Wed. night marking the trap houses and flag pole at Proctor Gun Club, the place of his last victory. So Prez charge up his shock collar (off the power lines) he will be there soon, maybe!! I will be watching from home to se how many retrieves the Dog Squad make. At home watching The Pup

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Ha.........just to pull him off track we tethered a blow up doll and sent it 100 feet in the air. Sprinkled it with doe scent. He'll be able to see it from the freeway. Don't count on him showing up. We'll probably be able to hear him lock his brakes up.

Once we're done with him at the Jackpot Shoot, I mean take all his money, we'll send him south.

Jimmy Bowen

4. sle081

sle081 Member

Jimmy
    thanks for the warning , I shall travel by dark of night,ears pluged and nose cliped to avoid the temtations you are throwing my way.. I must go to where the corn is KING and help the Prez load all the trophies onto the bus!!!
    I hope you folks have a great shoot
    DOG

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Dog, I'll be looking forward to reading about your exploits "where corn is King". Shoot straight and show 'em what your made of.

Jimmy Bowen

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Well here it is, Saturday, and no sign of the Big Dog at the Heartland Grand yet. Maybe the lure of the blow up doll was too much for our canine shooter. If the doll had replica 150 pounders, I'm sure it was too much for the Dog to pass. Pity the poor guys at Minneapolis if the Dog arrives in heat. Put out the replica hydrants.

7. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Fill the doll with methane gas to give the big dog a complete real life experience.

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ha, just imagine cleaning up that mess.

9. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Still no Big Dog at Stockdales. We had cheerleaders fron the Iowa football game here to greet him. They finally got tired of waiting and left. Dale had mowed the grass so they had to go find some place to graze. Dale, ever the promoter, had set up a Big Dog sized hydrant so the Big Dog would have a place to leave his famous markings but finally removed it so he could get another 45' motor home in.

It's too early to send out the rescue teams to find the Big Boy but we'll need to keep you posted.

Mark Zauhar, your roving Big Dog reporter.

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Finally the Big Dog arrived, this morning. Word is he may have left Dulute sometime on Firday afternoon. So where was the Big Dog for almost one full day? Well, fortunately modern science has provided the answer. You see, fellow Dulute resident, The Piddler, installed one of those new fangled satellite sytstems in the Big Dogs car that has tracked his every move. The Piddler has now filed his official report and it doesn't look good for our fearless leader The Big Dog.

It seems The Dog made it to Minneapolis before dark. As we expected, it appears he exited on 185th street in Lakeville as he was lured by the scent of the Minneapolis blow up doll that was put aloft by Jimmy Bowen. The Dog never made it to the gun club however. It seems he only made it half way before stopping at the lama farm right on 185th. We don't know what transpired at the farm, was he low on gas, was he in need of something for his car, did his strong nose lose the scent of the blow up doll, or maybe something else happened. We can only imagine what the cause of this side trip was but we do know the Big Dog frequently is seen with hip boots in his trunk.

Slightly after midnight, after a four hour stay, talk about endurance, the Big Dog departed the farm and again headed for Stockdales. Now just two hours from Stockdales, (for normal drivers, three hours at least for The Dog) The Dog was again being tracked heading south. About two AM, The Big Dog stopped again in Owatonna, I told you he drives slow! Once again we can't be sure what transpired here but there were reports of a male exhibitionist at the same time there was apparently reports of some sort of three legged alien sited near a local watering hole. Was it our Dog? It's hard to say but rumor has it the bar is now out of stock on the Big Dogs favorite go juice, Jack Daniels.

Shortly before six AM, the Big Dog finally arrived at his motel near Ackely, Iowa. It appears he may have grabbed a few hours sleep before completing his journey to the club. He appeared fresh when I saw him. He was marking all of the trap houses and checking out Dales stock barn. There may have been some issue though with Dale's neighbors across the street. They apparently were missing one female sheep. Was it our boy? Hard to say but The Big Dog did have that famous grin on his face while he shot the first event.

Reporting from The Heartland Grand in Ackely, Iowa, Mark Zauhar, President of the World Satellite Tracking Company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.