1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Dan shoots a 50 straight at Mpls. Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot Results December 3, 2011

1st Class....Dan Ward 50.....Charlie Leavitt 48

2nd Class....Jimmy Bowen 43....Reney Langlois 43

3rd Class....Mark Cameron 40....Bob Wiltse 40

4th Class....Bob Smith 38....Sameguy 38

Ties = Singles from the front then Handicap from the front then Singles from the back.

I could start by saying that it was another cold, blustery, winter day at MGC, but, when Dan “I got a new gun” Ward goes out and runs a 50 straight on his second time out who would believe it. Nice shooting Dan. And, for the icing on the cake, this is the start of our giving a $100.00 bonus for shooting a 50 straight.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=DanWardJackpot50001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Another bonus….for those who have entered our Jackpot shoots at least 20 times there will be added prizes at our end of season Jackpot, April 21, 2012. Bob Wiltse has generously donated some shooting accessories to be given to the Lewis Class winners that have met the required minimum. More on that later.

One more bonus, on December 17th we will host a Shooter Appreciation lunch at our Jackpot shoot that day. We’ll cook up some delicious hams and offer hot sandwiches and fixings.

Thanks to everyone who shot today.

Hope to see you next week.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Wow, that Dan is the man I guess. Nice looking gun but the damn thing looks like it's got a 48" barrel.

You know, Dan just got back from the gay beaches at Key West, Florida. Maybe there is some advantage to that type of training when it comes to Jackpot shooting.

Jimmy, when do you leave for Florida???

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Naw Prez, not a 48" barrel, a 35" barrel. Yeah, thats right. Two $100.00 bonus' given out so far this season and both MEN were shooting 35" barrels.

All I know about Fla. is that some of the inhabitants/visitors like putting slimy globs of something on a half shell in their mouth and are PROUD of it. Yuk. Not me, thank you.

Jimmy "I like steak" Bowen

4. dward

dward Member

Jimbo Jimbo........it's all those raw oysters I was eating that gave me the mojo I needed to shoot straight!!

And Pride......maybe you should think about extending that short little barrel of yours.......on your K-gun I mean!

See you next week!! Big Dan

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

6'5" with a 65" ground swatter. He reaches out and touches them clays. And not a nervous bone in his body as he closes in on strates. Thought I might tweak him a bit as we moved to the last station, but his shadow tells me to lay low. Lotta guys do a lotta things in preparation for shooting a new gun... Not Dan-o... He just plunks some old musty reload in the chamber and shoots another sitting on the pond. Seems like we might have a new sheriff in town.

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, Jimmy, Big Dan breaks 50 straight and you "crunch" a 43 and a 38!! In between your "training" sessions in Key West, Florida, maybe you too should try some of those slimy oysters.

7. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Wow. Dan is as handsome as I remember *sigh*

I'll bet a dollar to a donut that Gay Pride Engineer is slobbering.

(Good shootin', Dan!)

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

That isn't my 38 Prez. Let me esplane it to you. "Sameguy" is the same guy that won 1st place it that class. Me, I'm still struggling to shoot a 14 in Handicap. Can you help me? :>)

And who bought property in Fla. just north of Key West to "fit in"? Ahhh, not me. You can bet that short german smoke pole it ain't a gonna be me.

December 17th, Shooters Appreciation Lunch at MGC.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

9. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Great Shooting Dan and Congrats on the new gun!!!!

Bet that killed Jimmy handing over that $100!!! :)

Jeff

10. dward

dward Member

The rest of the story (a non happy ending!)

As my wife enforces an extremely effective "payment in kind" (PIK) program around our house, I had the bright idea to tell her that I bought the new Perazzi as a gift for her. I was praying that new kitchen appliances or expensive jewelry weren't just around the corner!

Well once I got through filling her in on my good fortune (embellishing things a bit I might add)..........guess who's wallet the winnings (and any future winnings I acquire with HER gun I'm told) ended up in????

The Stupid Swede!!!

11. JACK

Funny... You have the blue bag look on your face

12. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jimmy Bowen... I know you have a reputation for setting some really soft "garbage can lid" targets, but this time you have really outdone yourself... How in the world did you ever get that PatTrap to throw 50 consecutive targets into random clouds of shot from that big blond goof ball??? You are truly a maestro with those things... Is there such a thing as ZERO hole targets? or have you resorted to tossing beach balls for your Jackpots... I can see it is about time for me to drive most of the way to Iowa to your club, and pick up a little spending money... You just keep that dreaded two headed quarter in your pocket....

That picture you put upis a little tough to choke down... That is one mighty nice looking gun he's holding tho... Looks kind of familiar actually. Leaves me wondering who he may be trying to emulate.... Not sure, but it could be some of the people listed on that long plaque in the background.

All kidding aside... nice shooting. Took me way more than 50 targets to get mine dialed in.... nothing like getting a new gun to get the shooting juices flowing...

You guys keep shooting them up.... Wish I had the time to get there...

LWL

13. JACK

LWL, et al... This Saturday shaping up to be yet another "Big Dan Day"...

mid 30s, lite SW breezes, non-stop sun shine and no goat herders or snobbish K80s

Come on out and watch big Dan crush-em with me at his side. But this time Dan-o I'm challenging you to a "throwdown" to see if you really do have nerves of steel. Best don your depends.

14. dward

dward Member

Damn..........it's been so long since I've seen an LWL post I was hoping we finally had him kicked off this site! Well maybe he'll take his skirt off and come down and shoot...but I seriously doubt it.

As for shooting Jacko......I've always known it's the Indian and not the Arrow..............except for when old Pride makes one of his moose in heat calls for the bird. I'm pretty sure Neil did some testing that proved Mr. Z emits a sonic wave that distorts his pattern and also kills passing birds!

As for the old Lit......all us nordeners are hoping he moves back to the Northlands where he belongs!

See you Saturday - Big Dan

15. JACK

I've always wonered how he could develop so much gas to make that sound so... so... You fill inthe blank.

If we talk about him enough, he'll either head to Florida or come compete with Jimmy Bowen's 38

16. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

MIA.... You have me gagging with this Big Dan love-fest. You are a Bears fan for Pete's sake. If that's just to be nice from a sales standpoint, you can give it up. He won't be buying any more guns for a loooooooong time. His wife is eyeing up Picasso's and Gucci purses. Now hike up your kahones and tell him you are gonna smack him right back where he belongs... Which is flipping and whining about Jimmys two headed quarter for 8th place.

I mean c'mon a putz has one lucky round and we are suddenly ready to annoint him as some chosen one... Ok... When is Mpls gun club scheduling him in for a clinic??? I wanna be there for that maiden voyage... Bahahaha

MIA... I expect you to lead the charge to put Big Dan back in his place. He did jump to a new group though... He was an old beat up dawg shooting an old beat up gun... Now you are an old beat up dawg shooting a very nice gun.

Enough of the nicey-nice put the smack down on Dan!

LWL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.