1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Boys Toys

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hauxfan, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute.

But it does look like they are having some fun.

Hauxfan!

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Great video. There was a person here in my town who had his house and a house on both sides of him with RR Tracks. He had one of thoise and it was his pride nad joy.

I noticed that most were the standard wheel type but there was one that was called the screw drive. It was made for the mountains and it had a worm gear that attached to a tooth rail so it wouldn't slip back or down the mountain.

3. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Great video. Thanks

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute.

But it does look like they are having some fun.

Hauxfan!

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Great video. There was a person here in my town who had his house and a house on both sides of him with RR Tracks. He had one of thoise and it was his pride nad joy.

I noticed that most were the standard wheel type but there was one that was called the screw drive. It was made for the mountains and it had a worm gear that attached to a tooth rail so it wouldn't slip back or down the mountain.

6. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Great video. Thanks

7. revbook

revbook Member

I would have liked to seen how they transported them?

8. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Cornelius Vanderbilt would be proud to see them all in action!

9. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

There is a place about 5 miles from my old home that has rails running all over the property. On holidays, they have meets like the one presented here, with loads of these little rigs, some of which pull trainloads of kids around the property. It is a heritage preservation society property, with old farm equipment, old (full size) trains, trucks, cars, logging equipment, and so on. It is all really interesting stuff, but if these little trains are running, thats where the crowds are. At other times they have horse plowing competitions, steam powered threshing shows, and truck and equipment shows.

About 30 years ago, I was visiting my brother-in-laws family in northern California, and he took me for a drive out towards the hills to show me a property which was full of old narrow guage trains. These were full size, old logging, mining, and passenger trains, steam powered, and on tracks which ran about the property. There was apparently a roundhouse and repair shop facility, as well. At that time, the owner was getting to be pretty old, and in poor health, and things were starting to look pretty rundown. I don't know what ever happened to all of it, but it was a great trove of valuable heritage trains. I just compare the cost of maintaining and running one of the scale model trains with one (or a bunch) of the full size narrow guage trains, and think I will stay shooting trap.

10. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Don't know if it's still running but there was a cogged train that was running up Pikes peak. really a neat trip. Yes it was open to the public and trips were available.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.