1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

big bore air rifles- anyone have knowledge?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i know this is a shotgun forum-BUT- i have an employee who is looking for a used(?) 45 cal. air rifle made by sam yang?? what next??? wally riebesell driebesell@rpt.coop 660-744-4115

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

thanks- i think he has and didnt want to give $900 for new??

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Looks like they sell for $599. I am interested but am wondering how you charge it. Does it use CO2 or air and how does the air get in the gun. Here is a used one on gunbroker http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=142550041

4. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

It uses a compressed air charge from a scuba tank. Google it and look at Pyramd Air as they have a manual for it. I posted the link above.

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Just for information, Lewis and Clark took large bore air rifles along with them on thier expedition to the west. I am sure they were under gunned when they met the grizzlies. LOL

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

They've been featured on a relatively new show on one of the outdoor channels, "American Airgunner". They had one in fifty cal and took a goat or some such "big" game at about a hundred yards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.