1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Big 50s

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Can you gain any yardage from shooting in a Big 50 handicap event? I know a score of 96 instantly gains you yardage but since only 50 targets are shot I am wondering how this works.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I'm under the impression that if you run the 50 handicap targets you will get a 1/2 yard punch.

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

same as at a regular ATA shoot where you shoot 100 targets. More than 15 shooters, half yard, more than 39, full yard.

Running 50 is also worth a half yard.

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Section VI, D, 3:

"3. Any score of 50x50 or 75x75 in events of that length will automatically earn 1/2 yard provided it does not earn at least that much under the earned yardage table."

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I took the winning score, I believe, but only had 13 shooters there. :( I'm sick of the 20.

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

LOL, Rich, now i understand the question.

I took my first punch on a big 50, too...the first one ever held in Alaska. We had a bunch of folks show up with a crazy assortment of guns...field guns, borrowed guns, you name it.

Since i was on the board, I was there to help run it, so I shot. I was the only 'real' trapshooter there....so of course i won. Not complaining...it was my first punch, and I clearly remember it.

After you get back a couple yards, you won't want to shoot the 50s anymore...won't want the yard. and then when you get back a long ways, it won't matter anymore and you'll shoot them again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.