1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bifurcation in Trap Shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Barry, do you think with todays choice of trap machines, the "Pats", can they throw equally difficult targets as did the old Winchester hand-sets? I'm talking a 44 degree angle here. It's my understanding Pats don't hang on the corners for the difficult angle as long as did the old machines?

If that's true? Even 44 degree settings on a Pat trap wouldn't be as difficult of angle or as many in a 100 target program?

I ask Ray Stafford about this a while back to get his thoughts also.

Hap

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Glad you put out what bifurcation means Kemp...I'm sure strange guys like Wayno and Beeper assumed it had something to do with an enema bag and jockey whip

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Calvin. That was OK.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Calvin. That was OK. Rare form this AM

5. CalvinMD

Thanks Jack ; )) yes I'm feeling rather fiesty today

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Web address did not work for me."</i></blockquote>That's because there is no such web address!

Keller

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

So the "fallacy of bifurcation" or Bifurcation, term could be used as a political term. A little different then Cals use, and reasoning. LOL

8. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Big words don't make the statements true or demonstrate knowledge on the part of the author. If you throw wider, faster targets you will just get beat faster by a wider margin.

jim brown

9. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Mighty big words indeed,

But I want y'all to know that I took the Jerry Johnson Vocabulary builder upper course.

It was an Awesomley learning an incredibly inexpensive course, We learn-ded how to make our speech patters sound more incredible larger!

I'm constipated on weather I should applicate for another of his wonderfully ingenuitive course's.

I have likewise signed up for his remembering enhancerment course (which helps your remembering ability)

Heck just by reviewing this short paragraph above I'm sure you get the impression, that I am way much more smarter now than I was before I took the John Johanson Vocabulary builder upper course !

Aww seems like there was something else... Did I communication with y'all that I'm going to take his memory builder upper course too? (it helps your remerbererr's ability to enhance it's remembering ability)

DX

10. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Trap is boring to the younger generation and will die along with us old guys.

I’ve been shooting more sporting clays and skeet because my shooting partners prefer these to practicing trap.

I don’t think any changes will improve the attendance, and punishing the long shooters will have little effect on results.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I bifurcated on post 4 once, the gentleman on post 5 was not impressed!, the rest of the squad just looked away....

I'm sorry...

12. CalvinMD

I sure hope your undies survived you bifurcating in them BigM

13. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Back in the 60's I saw bifurcation, think it was at the Filmore, hard to remember.

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's human nature for folks to assign blame for the decline in registered trapshooting. Blaming things like target setting, handicapping, 27 vs. 30 yard line, "the ATA BOD and EC are bad people" and on and on have nearly nothing to do with the woes of the ATA. Two, and only two things are negatively affecting registered trapshooting.

1. An ever dying and aging avid customer base with too few new shooters to take their place .....

2. ..... and the ever increasing cost to adequately enjoy our great sport.

There aren't any other reasons.

The Solution: Effective and Professional PROMOTION by folks that know how to it. There is so much competition for the recreational dollar and we sit, glaringly silent and don't spend a dime on PROMOTION! Oh we say we have a marketing and promotional department but we really don't. We have some folks who have a title but either don't know how or can't because they don't have the authority or the financial backing of the EC, the Executive Director, the BOD or the ATA in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.