1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bifocals ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sodaman, Jun 23, 2013.

1. sodaman

sodaman TS Member

Time for new lenses. Anyone out there bifocal thier shooting glasses? Mine are RE sporters. I was thinking of doing just the left lens . Right eye dominant.Bruce

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I have bifocals in my Decot shooting glasses. They present no problems for me when I shoot. I would not buy a pair of shooting glasses without them. Ed

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Decot bifocals are only the size of the tip of your finger, not the whole part of the bottom of the lens. Works for me!

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

No bifocals in shooters. Carry a set of magnifiers in my shooting bag if I need to read or see something up close.

Don

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I'm as blind as a bat and have the smallest size bi focal in my shooters glasses so I can read the score sheet. I don't think it effects my shooting, but my scores are terrible regardless.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

6. zzoom

zzoom Member

I have worn progressive bifocals for years. First pair of shooting glasses I bought were single vision, based on advice from local club members and threads on here. Purchased them from highly respected optician at the grand last year. Long story short, wasted a fair amount of money. Could shoot okay with them once I managed to get to the line. Could not see to do anything else with them on except shoot. This spring, went to local optician who is a shooter (not trap). He made me progressive lens for my ranger frames and can't tell you how happy I have been with them. I can put them on hour or so before shooting, wear them until finished shooting for the day and never have to change back to regular glasses. As a sideline, my shooting has never been better,moved up one class, have shot several 99's, 2 yards in handicap. Just my experience, yours may vary.

7. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

I ordered the "D" section, lined, bifocal for my R.E. Sporter glasses. The Optometrist put a patch the size of the bifocal section on the try lenses before he marked vision centers and looking through the lens with the patch that small "D" section was entirely invisible. Clear on them with the Randolph Clip-ons will work out well for me. The people who did it for me are here ( above website ).

Tell them I sent you. Might get you a discount from the R.E. retail price..

Don T. Littleton CO

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I too tried the no bi focal route, changed after one trip to the range. Now happy shooter with bi focal in my shooting lenses. Jake

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have Decot bifocals, and get along with them just great. I wear trifocals normally, but for shooting, the bifocals are enough.

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm with BigDon on this... just one more thing to distract during a round... single vision shooting glasses/contacts with a pair of cheaters nearby if the situation warrants.

regards all,

Jay

11. pca7ggr

pca7ggr Member

Decot bifocals for me. I reload and like to check the shell before I drop it into the barrel.

12. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

When I had RE sporters I had small round bifocals. They worked great. You wont be sorry if you get them.

13. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I have progressive bi-focal's in my shooting glasses and they don't bother me at all. Because they are small I would have to tilt my head all the way back for them to interfere.
    Years ago I had my first pair made without the bi-focal option. Used them for about a month and had to get another pair with the bi-focal.
    It works for me.
    Mike C.

14. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

I have very small bifocals in my RE shooting glasses. Just big enough to look down through when reading but low profile enough that they do not come into my shooting vision. Did the same thing with sun glasses for fly fishing for tying flies only they are stronger than I need for reading. Works great.

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I tried to shoot with bifocals once, didn't work over me, but of course shooting with regular glasses hasn't been working too good either.

16. mich746

mich746 Member

Good post, I couldn't decide when I was getting my Decots, went with the single vision.
    Wish I had got the bifocals. I will get them next time I get a new prescription.

Quality shooting glasses are expensive but well worth the price, so make sure your prescription is up to date before you order.

17. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I got a pair of press-on magnifiers from Wayne Morgan... relatively inexpensive and use them on sunglasses for fishing... easily removable...

Orvis came out with magnifiers at the top of the lens, I tried that with these... made it nice to be able to experiment...

Jay

18. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Decot bifocals have the reading part of the bifocal real small, but doesn't interfere with the distance part when you shoot. I hope that made sense. LOL.

Search tags for this page

shooting trap with bifocals