1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BiFocal Contact Lens

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kim Little, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

I have gotten my eyesight back that was stolen from me in middle age. BiFocal Contact Lens by Bausch & Lomb. I can see 20/15 in both eyes and read the smallest print that man makes. I never adapted to the progressive lens in glasses. Since I haven't hit the range with them as of yet. I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and is smokin' clays. Might help alot of shooters out there struggling with vision problems. :) Kim

2. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Hi Kim,
    I tried the Bausch & Lomb BiFocals and found them to be thick compared to my cibavision Monthlies. I could see pretty well with them. Just uncomfortable to wear. Hope this helps.
    Todd

3. Drusso

Drusso Member

I have been wearing them for about 6 months and I love them. My problem is that I cannot get used to them while shooting. Everybody is different try them at the range and see what happens...

Damian

4. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I could not stand mine. I have better far away vision than upclose, the bifocal contact, made it where I could not see far away without everything looking fuzzy...that don't help hitting clays! I even tried some single lens contacts, just make my eyes too dry...Good luck with yours...everybody is different!

Deb

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Tried the Bifocal B&L's some time ago I couldn't adjust to them. We even tried one for seeing up close in one eye and distance in the other. That didn't last long at all. I do frequently use single vision (distance only) contacts while shooting. I have to carry a small bottle of "Blink" to frequently wet them down, especially on windy days. I prefer them to corrective glasses, as your eyes are always seeing through the center of the lens, unlike looking through glasses. J.Woolsey

6. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Kim -
    My eye Doc set me up w/ 2 different contact lens. 1 is a bifocal for everyday use in office etc. They work great for close work (reading policies, computer screens, etc)and everyday tasks (driving, watching tv, sporting events, etc). I love them. I too have been greatly disappointed in the progressive lenses in my glasses. Would not waste my $ on the "no line" vanity again.
    The other set of contact lens is for distance and that is what I wear when I am off for a full day on the trap range or hunting. They do assist me greatly in "distance" tasks. When I use these I do have to use a cheap set of "cheaters" (reading glasses) to read print. JME - John in Iowa

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have worn Contacts for over 25 years, when I tried the BiFocal lenses was the first time I ever had a problem ... I also need the Toric lenses so that might be part of the problem but I was advised that it would not make any difference by my Eye Doctor ... I guess I am just going to have to wear my regular lenses and cheaters so I can read the fine print ... The BiFocal leneses also seemed to give me a headache when I had them in and that was another reason I quit wearing them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Any body using quad focals glasses?

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Same experience as Mr. Woolsey. I work on a computer building web pages a lot and had problems with both Bifocal Lenses and Mono Vision made my eyes water everytime I looked at a computer monitor. Wear glasses (progressive) for everyday use (no glasses used on computer monitor) and distance only contacts for shooting. With distance only contacts, my left eyes doesn't try to take over for eye dominance issues. IMHO

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Pray for cataracts, LOL.

I wore glasses all my life, but not any more. I do have to have some +2 readers for fine print. Not a major problem. Sure is better shooting.

I did try the Torics, because of astigmatism. Had a lot of trouble putting them in, so I went back to glasses.

NOw I have Plano lenses. My take is you have to try them, no 2 people are alike. What works for one may be torture for another.

Good luck.

HM

11. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

I just went through this process, this summer, as I am back to the ATA after a long layoff. I am 54. I finally settled on bifocal contacts for daily use, but use distance only for shooting days. The bifocals don't sit quite as well on my eyes as the distance only. Since I settled in on these, I am very comfortable and have shot some good scores as high as 98. There are many issues on this process of fitting contacts for shooters. For anybody living in suburban Philly PA (where Michael Vick will be playing) try Dr. Jim Hall in Ardmore 610-642-2151. He'll work with you.

good luck, it may take several versions or lenses to get your best result.

JS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.