1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BIFF MAKES FIRST TEAM ALL AMERICAN!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ontariogal, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Congratulations John Payne! You are like the little engine who could....even when you felt defeated you never gave up, you gave it your all, and as importantly, along with your place on the 2007 AA Sr. Vet first team, you gained so many new friends and a ton of respect & admiration from our community.

I'm so proud to call you my friend and my inspiration.
    b.(ps- regards from Las Vegas!)

2. biff

biff Active Member

Thanks for the accolades friends, but I'm waiting to see something in writing from the ATA, if and then I'll celebrate; maybe go out and have a glass of carrot juice!

I don't know if the results on the ATA website are final, but I sure hope they are. John

3. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Congrats John.

4. Chipster

Chipster TS Member

Good job Biff, congrats. Curtis

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great job Biffer!! Spice up the carrot juice with a tad of celery and be merry!! Quite a feat my friend and congrats! Hap

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Good job there Biff.

Sure wished I could be in Vegas but some people has to work for a living.

Fog''

7. biff

biff Active Member

Fog, that sure looks like me or maybe Tom Strunk on the left in that Brown robe! Is that you in that Tutu? Biff

8. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Great shooting Biff. Maybe I won't throw this damn gun in the lake. I will just think of your sucess and work HARDER.

Congratulations.

JON

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I dunno, Zard, could it be Marty's brother?....Bob Dodd

10. otnot

otnot Active Member

Good shootin John! You deserve it seeing how hard you worked for it.

Jim

11. biff

biff Active Member

Zard, that has to be Hap in the blue robe, I'd know that cap anywhere! Biff

12. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Great shooting Biff! Your skinny Kentucky friend, Matt

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Congratulations John! You have worked hard and you look like you have all the tools to stay at that level.

Terry.

14. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Biff, Great job.

Bo

15. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Biff, Great job and well deserved.

16. biff

biff Active Member

Are all the results in? I hope so, but have heard nothing so far from the ATA, that would be Official.

WOW! What can I say, last year it was an overwhelming thrill and to repeat almost seems unbelievable. I will say I wanted to and I did try, but there are always doubts and for me I just have never felt anything is a sure thing. At the local shoots after last year's honor of making the team, it was always "Beat the All American" day wherever I went to shoot and alot of shooters went home proudly proclaiming "I beat an All American today!"

I will say I couldn't have done it without Snapshot helping me by taking care of business on the home front and to encourage and believe in me when I didn't believe in myself. Without her insistance that I go shoot and reinforcing the the skills we learned since we started shooting together, I doubt if I could have found it within me to go shoot.

Also meeting all the people I have met and the friends I have made is what makes this sport so much fun to go to the shoots. Like Peter, who opened my eyes to the fact there was an All American Team, I never considered that for myself--so Thanks Peter! And where would I be without Terry Jordan, whom I met at the Vandalia Grand back in 2003, who encouraged me and helped me immensely through the use of his chart. Also I don't know where I would be with my shooting without all the imformation I have gained on TS.Com.; when I discovered it I was hooked and would get upset sometimes with the Hijacking of serious threads, but now I know that's just part of it. Of course I wanted to share information on here about things I thought would help either shooting or healthwise and fully doubt it being of much help other than making me feel better. I guess I just like getting people to think and knowing that there are a few on here, who like me, enjoy and share the the things I do. I want to thank my friends who have congratulated me, this list would be long, so just look at the ones on here who congratulated me. Thanks to the ones on here I haven't met, I do hope to meet you, so please introduce yourselves to me when you see me!

Don't ask me how I did it, I don't know...."But I got this here Ljutic!" Biff

17. biff

biff Active Member

My good friends Lyle Stine and Tom Strunk both made the Sr Vet team; you can't give those guys any slack! Biff

18. snapshot

snapshot TS Member

Biff,

Thanks for the compliments. Nobody knows more than I how much time, talent and energy you have put forth to succeed at this "game". I am PROUD of you.

19. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

what a sandbagger. I cant shoot, sun got in my eyes, shells are wrong speed. I think its something to do with the "Van". Maybe an unfair advantage!!! Congrats from Ohio. Don

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

snapshot, would you let the Biffer come out to Tucson so he can play with Tommie and me, please? :) Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.