1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Biff got ZAPPED!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by snapshot, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapshot

snapshot TS Member

A six day ordeal over a 4mm kidney stone has finally ended! After two emergency rooms and a two day stay in the hospital a friend told us about a doctor in Nashville, TN. We saw Dr. Sewell on Tuesday and went back this morning and he zapped that bad boy stone with a laser.

I want to personally thank everyone for their concern and caring at the Kentucky State Shoot. I don't think there is a group of people anywhere with bigger hearts than trapshooters.

For those that know John you know how disappointed he was not to be able to compete at our state shoot. I hope everyone had a great time and offer our Congratulations to the event winners.

I am so thankful that our health scare was nothing more serious and now Biff you can get "back on target"!

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Snapshot: I am sad to hear this. Please have him email me when he gets home. Thanks. Don

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Biff,,,been there ,,,no fun,,,glad to hear you will be feeling better soon,,,,hope to see you at hog heaven this fall,,,,,,Billy from NY

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Biff...

Get well, so you can be a Big Dog again!

5. biff

biff Active Member

I could have written the song James Brown sang "I Feel Good!" now that the stone got smokeballed, finally. I want to thank all those at the Shoot, especially Dr. Blackburn for insisting I go to the hospital as he knew how sick I was after my second "upchuck"! Also I couldn't have made it without Snapshot there for me and taking good care of me, I don't know what I would have done in this situation as I usually travel pretty far from home to shoot by myself.

If you have never had a kidney stone, I hope you never ever get one, those who have know. I want to take back wishing for all the insensitive emergency room personell that I recently wished to share their own experience with the "Stone". Here I am so health conscious and then have something like this happen and destroy my chance to shoot at MY state shoot; there are lessons for us in life which happen for reasons unknown to help us grow to be a stronger and better person. Thanks, Biff

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hey buddy, glad to hear your feeling better now! Now the problem is outa the way, shootem like you know how my friend! Hap

7. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Biff,

Sorry to here about the problem. Glad you are over that bump in the road. I hope it wasn't the good food and great exercise that got you there...lol.

JON

8. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Been there, done that...Man, I feel your pain.............Roger

9. lju

lju Member

Biff, glad to hear you're doing better. Hope to see you at the Grand.

BTW I took your advice and going to Ohio next Friday to get "fitted".

lju

10. biff

biff Active Member

George, smart move on your part and good luck; should be an informative trip!
    Again thanks for the kind words from everyone and Jon, that was one of life's great mystries for me that by trying to do the right thing healthwise you sometimes screw up in another area. One thing I believe now is to drink LOTS of pure water to keep those kidneys flushed and no Peter I wasn't drinking any Old#7---now that is food for thought! Thanks, Biff

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Biff- Glad you are over the kidney stone thing. Do what you can to keep the kidneys flushed. The stones have a way of reoccurring. I am not much of a drinker, but I did learn in College that beer will flush out kidneys very well. Beer does contain a lot of vitamin P.

Pat Ireland

12. biff

biff Active Member

Thanks Pat, haven't drunk much beer since college, maybe it will keep me flushed if I get back into the habit! Have been eating as much watermelon as I can stand and it is putting my kidneys on overtime! Is Vitamin P a 4 letter word ending in s? Biff

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm, I C thet watermellon makes 1 smarter 2?

Back to good health my friend, the sooner the better for you and your shooting which I know you love doing. Any good Ky spring water around? That will make you a WhizBiffer! Hap

14. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

It is good to hear you are feeling better, see you soon.

Terry.

15. snapshot

snapshot TS Member

The Zapping didn't work!

Spent another awful week with unbearable pain....the Doc said they got the stone, but when I finally had to go back he said that process doesn't always work! He had to go after it this past wednesday with a more invasive type of procedure and hopefully got it this time! Haven't been able or want to pick up my gun during all this and am glad I didn't try to make it to the Indiana Shoot this past weekend.....at this point the Southern Zone is out also. Thanks, Biff

16. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Biffster:

1) you were supposed to ask for lithotripsy, not liposuction! I even spelled it over the phone to you - great meds you musta been on!!

2) always make sure that the doctor assigned to you actually got his licence reinstated after he was released!

3) when the stone is returned to you, will you be crushing it and mixing it into your kentucky 9's??

Heal fast friend,
    b.

17. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Barb: now that there is funny!!! says the one armed crippled man. It isn't all that much fun getting old. Don

18. snapshot

snapshot TS Member

Barby(the bad one), These last 3 weeks have been so much fun! And all the Drs. promised me I would possibly have many more now that I had this one, wow something to really look forward to! And a news report indicated there will be a rise in numbers of people getting kidney stones due to Global Warming and other factors....I hope that of all the unfortunate souls it happens first to the emergency room workers at the beginning of their yearly vacations! Other than that Barby I did follow all your directions, incentives, and advice...especially the one about gun fit! If the Doc gives me the stone back, I plan to put it in a large ring to wear on my little finger. Thanks everyone, soon I'll be back to as normal as I've ever been, Biff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.