1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Biff, forget that Pogo Stick...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

What's going on here???

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

They keep whacking my thread...

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

4. Tron

But why would anyone want to put the whack on a buzz-gun thread?

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

...you need one of these instead.

Weather was kinda cold today, so I decided to sharpen my skills by getting out the Feinwerkbau air pistol instead.

.177 cal., and I like it because there's NO PUMPING (life is too short for that). About 180~200 shots per CO2 cylinder-full.

Unscrewing empty cylinder from gun - place in freezer for 30 mins. to prepare for filling:

6. Tron

Is that a Banji I see in that thur back-ground??

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

...Screw cylinder onto CO2 tank and open valve for about 10~15 seconds, then weigh with kitchen scale to see if you have the proper amount.

I like CO2 better than compressed air, because it has a flatter pressure curve (vapor-liquid in equilibrium at room temp.), and it is a green house gas - so I feel secure knowing that I am warming the environment while I shoot.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

...take aim at the banjo player on the front porch...

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

...pellets are a penny a shot...the local industrial gas place will fill my "scuba tank" for free, since it ain't too big...at about 27,000 shots per tank, this will last me nearly a couple years.

(Obama will probably try to ban it by then).

Now ain't that better than a Pogo Stick?

10. biff

biff Active Member

Hey Buzz, Thanks for the heads up and it sure looks like you have it zeroed in pretty good. Kinda been there and went the PCP route, didn't want to go the CO2 route but you sure got that covered; got tired of trying to hand pump to the 200 bar(about 3000 lbs) and bought a compressor. I had bought a scuba tank with fill connector and had planned to do my filling from that but could never catch/get the paintballer shop to fill my tank!

Wish I could do some pics of my Pardini and my IZH 52M single stroke pump pistols, they will shoot some really tight groups as well as my Twinmaster TOP PCP pistol. They are fun and addictive also, too bad we don't live closer so we could go shooting..... there are no competitions around here for airgun shooting.

Too cold to Pogo or even get out the slingshots,but I shot my shotgun where they were shooting some games; it was so cold it wasn't fun. I think I broke one of my fingers that froze to the gun! Gonna get down to 7 degrees tonight! Have fun! Biff

PS: Thanks for the pics, there is life after trapshooting afterall!!!

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Biff, how you like that Pardini? I always thought they were nice pistols. You don't see to many around nowadays.

12. biff

biff Active Member

Buzz it is much better than I'll ever be! Great trigger and accurate I got it used! I put a rifle scope on it, offset to the left and on a rest at 20 feet it will put them in one hole! The Biakal IZH one pumper is super, cost about $250 when I bought mine, accurate and a pretty good trigger. I have a Gamo and a couple of other one pumps, they just don't have the match triggers. My Twinmaster looks alot like your Feinwk, cost about 1/3 of what yours cost and is the most accurate of all the one pumpers I have. Daisy makes a nice Co2 target pistol for about $200.

I think the Euro has driven the price up on all the european airguns.

13. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

here is biff and Tron pogoing!!!

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Ever seen a gas powered Pogo stick? The local M/C repair shop has on hanging on the wall. The owner of the place says it's a darn good place for it too.

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Don, are you implying with that video we may have to visit the BIFFER down at the nut hospital? :) Hapster

16. biff

biff Active Member

Don, those are Flybars, Pogos which will jump you over cars and picnic tables! That sure was a bad landing, poor kid is probably still speaking with a high pitched voice....Ouch!!! I only remember one incident like that in my childhood when my foot slipped the pedal of a too large boys bike I was trying to learn to ride! That almost put me in Hap's hospital!!! The slow motion showed he was trying to go from one pogo to the other, as Tron can testify to!

Those gas powered pogos were not recommended for kids even back when they first came out, I'll bet they were a trip. Some were selling on Ebay for over $500! Biff

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Biff, I broke the chain on my bicycle when I experienced the same type of pain!! I couldn't breathe for what seemed like an hour! Today, it would just kill me outright as I can't hold my breath that long? :) Hap

18. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

now thats funny!!!!!

19. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

OUCH!!!! Darwin award contender for sure!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.