1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Biden: If you own an AR15 you need (mental) help.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <br>
    ANTI-GUN GOOFS<br>
    DEMS' YOUBOOB MOMENT<br>
    Biden: Scored big with joke on guns and mental illness.<br>
    Biden: Scored big with joke on guns and mental illness.<br>
    <br>
    By MICHELLE MALKIN<br>
    <br>
    July 25, 2007<br>
    <br>
    SEN. Joe Biden is the embodiment of snide. Snide is the embodiment of the left-wing attitude toward gun owners. So when snide Joe Biden confronted a YouTube user who asked Democrat presidential candidates about gun control during a debate Monday night, what unfolded was a Teachable YouTube Moment - the caught-on-tape embodiment of ideological snideness toward the Second Amendment and those who defend it.<br>
    <br>
    "Good evening, America. My name is Jered Townsend from Clio, Mich.," the YouTube citizen-questioner began. "To all the candidates, tell me your position on gun control, as myself and other Americans really want to know if our babies are safe." Townsend then pulled out his Bushmaster AR-15. "This is my 'baby,' purchased under the 1994 gun ban. Please tell me your views. Thank you."<br>
    <br>
    Noting that New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson has "one of the highest NRA ratings," CNN host Anderson Cooper asked Richardson to respond first. He ran so fast from his record, you could see the Road Runner puff of cartoon smoke billowing at the base of his podium.<br>
    <br>
    "The issue here, I believe, is instant background checks," Richardson sputtered. "Nobody who has a criminal background or is mentally ill should be able to get a weapon." He babbled for a few more painful seconds about "attacking poverty, bringing people together, dealing with those kids in the ghettos that are heavy users of gun violence," while the liberals in the audience sat stone-cold silent.<br>
    <br>
    Not a peep from Richardson about the fundamental right to self-defense, of course.<br>
    <br>
    Cooper rescued him by turning to The Smirk from Delaware. "Sen. Biden, are you going to be able to keep his 'baby' safe?" Snide Joe grabbed his opening: "I'll tell you what: If that is his baby, he needs help."<br>
    <br>
    Biden threw red meat to the blue audience - and was richly rewarded with loud applause.<br>
    <br>
    Showing off his lawyerly credentials, he continued to wallop the YouTube gun owner: "I think he just made an admission against self-interest. I don't know that he is mentally qualified to own that gun." Why? Because he showed affection for his possession? Because he's an enthusiastic hobbyist?<br>
    <br>
    Because he talked about his gun the way Paris Hilton talks about her Chihuahua or Brad Pitt talks about his Ducati or Al Gore talks about his Priuses and compact fluorescent light bulbs?<br>
    <br>
    The audience roared with laughter at Biden's mockery of the gun owner's mental health. So much for politically correct sensitivity toward the mentally ill, eh?<br>
    <br>
    "I'm being serious," Biden chuckled. "Look, we should be working with law enforcement, right now, to make sure that we protect people against people who don't - are not capable of knowing what to do with a gun because they're either mentally imbalanced and/or because they have a criminal record, and . . ."<br>
    <br>
    Cooper interrupted Biden's rant, but he stuck in one more jibe at Jered Townsend, the YouTube gun owner: "I hope he doesn't come looking for me." More laughter.<br>
    <br>
    Did any of the other candidates pipe up to defend the gun owner? Not a one. Biden's snark and smarm spoke for them.<br>
    <br>
    The Democrats remain the party of gun-grabbers. Its leading presidential candidates view gun-owners as crackpots and nutballs, and treat the Second Amendment as a nuisance to be circumvented and cured. Big Nanny, not bedrock constitutional principle, rules.<br>
    <br>
    The Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot by taking arrogant potshots at gun owners in a nationally televised debate. A recent Gallup Poll showed that roughly one in three Americans who live in the Midwest and South owns a gun; 27 percent of independents and 23 percent of Democrats identify themselves as gun owners. A majority use their weapons for crime prevention.<br>
    <br>
    Who in the Democrat Party speaks for them?<br>
    <br>
    Are the majority of women gun owners who own a gun for self-defense "mentally imbalanced," too?<br>
    <br>
    The Dems can enjoy Biden's YouTube-able wisecracking now. But come general election time, it may be Second Amendment defenders who get the last laugh.<br>
    <br>
    malkin@bloggmail.com

2. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

Brian , I guess we need to form a support group

3. Brian in Oregon

We have one. It's called the NRA. And it treats mental illnesses, like the liberal disease known as gun prohibition.

4. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

I was thinkin more along the lines of a militia

5. Brian in Oregon

ljunatic, if you are not in the armed forced or formerly in the armed forces, then you are automatically a member of the unorganized militia. Says so right in the federal code.

6. ljunatic

ljunatic Member

then we are GTG

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The left is always talking about "when the revolution comes" but I think it will come, if at all, from the other side.

8. Brian in Oregon

Here is an excerpt of the debate transript where Biden claims responsibility for being the original author of the 1994 gun ban:<br>
    <br>
    QUESTION: Good evening, America. My name is Jered Townsend from Clio, Michigan.<br>
    <br>
    To all the candidates, tell me your position on gun control, as myself and other Americans really want to know if our babies are safe.<br>
    <br>
    This is my baby, purchased under the 1994 gun ban. Please tell me your views.<br>
    <br>
    Thank you.<br>
    <br>
    COOPER: Governor Richardson, you have one of the highest NRA ratings.<br>
    <br>
    RICHARDSON: The issue here, I believe, is instant background checks.<br>
    <br>
    RICHARDSON: Nobody who has a criminal background or is mentally ill should be able to get a weapon. That is the key, and that includes gun sales. That includes gun sales at gun shows.<br>
    <br>
    The key is going to be also attacking poverty, bringing people together, dealing with those kids in the ghettos that are heavy users of gun violence and they are victims of gun violence, to make sure that this country attacks the core problems of poverty, having child care, bringing parents together.<br>
    <br>
    COOPER: Senator Biden, are you going to be able to keep his baby safe?<br>
    <br>
    BIDEN: I’ll tell you what, if that is his baby, he needs help.<br>
    <br>
    (APPLAUSE)<br>
    <br>
    I think he just made an admission against self-interest. I don’t know that he is mentally qualified to own that gun. I’m being serious. Look, just like me, we go around talking about people who own guns. I am the guy who originally wrote the assault weapons ban, that became law, and then we got defeated and then Dianne Feinstein went to town on it and did a great job.<br>
    <br>
    BIDEN: Look, we should be working with law enforcement, right now, to make sure that we protect people against people who don’t -- are not capable of knowing what to do with a gun because they’re either mentally imbalanced and/or because they have a criminal record, and...<br>
    <br>
    COOPER: Time.<br>
    <br>
    BIDEN: Anyway...<br>
    <br>
    (APPLAUSE)<br>
    <br>
    COOPER: We got one more question. Before...<br>
    <br>
    BIDEN: ... I hope he doesn’t come looking for me.<br>
    <br>
    (LAUGHTER)

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Anyone who doesn't know the difference between America and Obama is probably a mental.

Joe

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9aIb-IplqY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9aIb-IplqY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Good post Brian.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well, gee, uh.........(I'm waiting for some of the resident pukes to "explain" this one).

HM

13. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

This is the same self rightous "I know better than you what's good for you" demokrat that CHEATED IN COLLEGE.

"I hope you don't come after me."?

I'll bet he would be glad if Jered had that AR with him when some REAL nut decided to start trouble and hurt biden or his family.

Keep after them Brian.

AJ100

14. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I just thought of it. Maybe someone should tell, and show pics, to biden of all the guys at Camp Perry that own those ugly AR's.

IMO, you can't start off any conversation with any of them by being cute. Jered should have just put the question to biden in a different way. It gives them an out. A way to spin the question in their favor. Calling his AR a "baby" just helped biden out.

Senator biden, would you please tell us your stand on the ban on LEGAL firearms. Well sir, this AR15 I own IS A LEGAL FIREARM IN THIS COUNTRY. I would like you to tell all the owners in this, our great country, of these LEGAL firearms what you think should be done with them. Do you think that the govt. should pass a ban, again, on these firearms that WE HAVE A LEGAL RIGHT TO OWN?

I would have asked the question in that way. JMO

AJ100

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Just stay tuned folks.....Biden has a knack for repeatedly sticking his foot in his mouth...it won't be long!

Curt - Delaware

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.