1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Biden contradicts State Dept

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by halfmile, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting two State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.

"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.

In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway."

Nordstrom was so critical of the State Department's reluctance to respond to his calls for more security that he said, "For me, the Taliban is on the inside of the building."

"We felt great frustration that those requests were ignored or just never met," testified Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, a Utah National Guardsman who was leading a security team in Libya until August."

More at the link

HM

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Biden was so lost last night he didn't even know where he was, he was just lip syncing what had been drilled into his pea brain for the last week

3. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Whats new! Democrats lie and people die. I dont know the exact numbers but seems like the dems get a lot of our people killed and then have nothing to show for it.

4. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Tuned out after an hour. Maybe it was me but I just got so turned off by Biden's (d.a.) grin. He looked like a sinister villian with that grin. All he needed was a handle bar mustache and a twinkle on his eye tooth.
    Here is Ryan bringing the case from the American people and there is Biden looking like a 'Jack o Lantern'.
    Ryan maintained a serious mindset for the most part and played off Biden a few times. He came off as the gentle giant in my view anyways. Ryan brought a different level of communication to the team.
    Biden came off with a sense of false bravado. All IMHO.
    And another thing, whose d.a. idea was it to send an American ambassador, handsome, well groomed, clean cut and looking like a New York fashion plate to a God forsaken place like Behngazi(sp) where the jurassic men walk with their arms curled under (except when holding guns or clubs) and never heard of shave cream or deodorant? Duh?

5. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

And to think our courageous Ambassador and the men who tried to rescue him died on this administration's non watch. Anyone I've talked to is outraged by this. These men were serving U.S. and as Americans and we are appalled by the crushing way this has unfolded and continues to unfold. And to be honest, Biden sounded like a 'Keystone Cop' might sound with a cliche answer.

6. halfmile

Wifey's co workers all said they thought he might be mentally ill, no lie.

HM

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Countries have gone to war for less than what happened to our Ambassador and the SEALS, and this administration acts like it's no big deal. WTH....F-them.

Yes, it pisses me off.

8. shadow

shadow Active Member

Looks to me like the Prez and his running mate are throwing Hillary under the bus. Look for the Bill & Hill gang to become Republicans----lol.

9. halfmile

The easy way out will be like Fast & Furious. They will say the decision makers at the top never got the message.

Some middle level guy whose cred is a bit tarnished will be sacrificed.

Given the fact that Obama only attended 42 per cent of his security briefings, it will probably fly.

Someone go dig up Vince Lombardi so we can have a leader.

HM

10. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

In this administration, the buck stops with underlings.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I had seen that money was cut for the security at the embassies as part of a cost cutting measure by the Republicans in the House. I wonder how many other embassies where also requesting more security, that where not attacked, yet?

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST extension.' I DETERMINED I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway."

Do you see anywhere in this quote, that any of this information went farther than, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb? Is it possible that this is related to those cost cutting measures?

12. Catpower

Your hero can sign an executive order to give $1.5 billion to the muslim brotherhood, if he was worried about security at the embassies he could have funded that too

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Yup, the republicans voted to cut spending on ambassadorial security with a heavy emphasis on leaving Libya exposed and helpless. The word PRIORITIZE was never used in this interview.

14. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

We bombed the crap out of Libya, why would we think its a safe place to put an embassy?
    [​IMG]

15. halfmile

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DseUDN8F5Ds" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stephanie Cutter has already vociferously and shrilly stated that it is Romney and Ryan's fault.

Can't wait for season to open. Just don'[t know if it will be before or after Cowboys and Muslims.

HM

16. Catpower

Next they will blame Bush, what a bunch of putzes

17. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

It certainly seems like the State Dept. screwed the pooch here with security for the embassy. Clinton and the dept. should be blamed for the deaths of our embassy personnel.

It is a fact, however, that House Republican did cut substantial funding for embassy security.

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) admitted recently that Republicans had consciously voted to reduce the funds allocated to the State Department for embassy security since winning the majority in 2010.

Here's a bit of an interview with Chaffetz on CNN... (THESE ARE HIS OWN WORDS)

"Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have…15,000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things.”

The State Dept. screwed up....but you can't be fair and let House Republicans not share in the blame.

Please don't let your hatred of Obama, democrats, etc., blind your own critical thinking abilities.

Mark T.

18. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes the Republicans cut funding; but this administration seem unable to be able to prioritize. When you have to cut down on the food budget, you still buy meats and potatoes, and do without sodas and chocolates? If you do without the meats and potatoes, but keep the sodas and chocolates, don't blame the cut if you become malnourished. Chichay

19. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Mark:

I might find your argument more compelling if $744,000 hadn't been spent this year on a new soccer field for terrorist detainees at Gitmo.

sissy

20. bgf

bgf Active Member

Very good point Sissy. Priorities...Priorities...Priorities.

I thought Ms. Lamb of the state department said it was NOT a financial decision for less security.

I could be wrong.

Bernie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.