1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Biased News Media??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chessie33, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chessie33

Chessie33 TS Member

I have been a part of the website for some time and have had little exchange except, for the help I get from reading about your expert information. I shoot both skeet and trap, not very good at either but have a lot of fun. Now I have a question for all the folks in the ether out there! At what point should we as individuals start to put a spotlight on a (possibly the) real issue, like media bias? Many have stated here that the only real news is when it can be tied guns and when guns are involved in a crime. When will discussions happen and information be given to the masses that we should address mental health issues, the break up of the family unit, the lack of God in out lives, the glorified violence on TV and video games, and a whole host of other issues?! As we all know it is not guns or knives clubs or fist fights that kill people it is people that kill people.

What do you think? Thanks all for letting me be a part of this great forum.

John

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I'm 61 years old and I distinctly remember a High School journalism teacher telling me that "BAD NEWS SELLS NEWSPAPERS". That was back in the 60's go figure.

Chuck

3. JH

JH Well-Known Member

You think?

MSNBC and CNN biased?

Who would have THUNK it?

Seriously, the urban, left wing bias has become evident to anyone with an IQ above a kumquat......

When it comes to news....ALWAYS CONSIDER THE SOURCE!

4. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Chessie33,

The large circulation media may well be liberally biased and i wouldn't try to refute that. I would point out that "glorified violence on TV and video games", the break up of the family and the lack of God in daily life are common threads throughout developed countries. At the same time, because they all have some sort of government subsidized health system, mental health health care is relatively easily available. Nonetheless, in every other developed country the number of gun deaths is dramatically lower, even when population is taken into account. How do you account for that?

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The only "real" reporting now days is the Weather!! They can get that correct 50 percent of the time!

6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I make my living off the Evening News

Just give me something-something I can use

People love it when you lose,

They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here

I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear

Come and whisper in my ear

Give us dirty laundry

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who

Comes on at five

She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam

In her eye

It's interesting when people die-

Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?

Is the head dead yet?

You know, the boys in the newsroom got a

Running bet

Get the widow on the set!

We need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out what's going on

You don't really want to know just how far it's gone

Just leave well enough love

Eat your dirty laundry

Dirty little secrets

Dirty little lies

We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie

We love to cut you down to size

We love dirty laundry

We can do "The Innuendo"

We can dance and sing

When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing

We all know that Crap is King

Give us dirty laundry!

Don Henley

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The weather, are you kidding, just take a look out of the window and you will know as much as they do. HMB

8. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

come on now!! There is NO bias in the media!!
    [​IMG]

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

They secretly know the things you mention are definitely wrong with America. But, they can't admit it, because they've been catechized that you "can't force your morality on someone else." After all - "not everybody is so fortunate to have so good a family life and upbringing as you." It's considered kicking somebody while they're down to point these things out.

So, we just keep living in the slum pit, not judging, not criticizing people who are "not so fortunate"...and pin the blame on inanimate objects that can't argue back - because it's the easy way out that doesn't involve blaming anybody.

10. JH

JH Well-Known Member

It is a transparent attempt to subliminally poison the collective subconscious of the public by making the repeated association of "GUN" with "CRIMINAL" they are trying to change the "gun culture."

When someone kills someone with a car, it is not the "CARMAN" or a stabbing victim was killed by the "KNIFEMAN"......hunters and gun owners are to be portrayed as the "bad guys" in the court of public opinion until it sticks!

It is the opposite of how they changed the perception of certain minority groups by always portraying them as heroic, noble, etc. in movies, television shows, etc.
    Change the perception and then, change the culture. Things they like are portrayed in a positive light, things they don't like are associated with negativity.

Guns are under attack. Gun owners are stigmatized. It is part of the libtard plan to replace the "gun culture."

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Newspapers are biased because the advertisers want it that way. Liberals are fools, and believe if you change to this or that product your life will immediately become glamorus and exciting. Advertisers sense this and cater to it.

A stodgy old conservative will not buy based on advertising, and probably will not buy "Axe" to make the girls fall all over him. Drink Bud and babes will flock to you. Drive a Corvette and you become a virile man-hunk.

Yeah, right.

I think we may be on the track of something here.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.