1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beyond the Lunatic Fringe

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Among the Truthers

By Jonathan Kay
    HarperCollins, 340 pages, $27.99

Book review at Wall Street Journal. See link.

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Do you stay up all night looking for this kind of stupid stuff?

3. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Sure he does, moveon.org pays these lib nitwits or they volunteer to try to disrupt conservative sites like this...Bill

4. capulona

capulona TS Member

This is a conservative board? I thought it was Trapshooting and our shared interest in guns and shooting in general.

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Good point capulona.

Ahab - It wasn't hard to find that article. I just opened the Wall Street Journal on-line like I do everyday. Wall Street Journal is hardly considered a liberal paper. It's owned by the parent company of Fox News. Great conservative opinion page that you can find at the link above. Strongly advise you check it. They even have an occasional pro-gun editorial.

So Ahab, do you consider you a "truther" or a "birther"? I must admit I was chagrined when the President didn't release the long form, and had some doubt about his birthplace. But Fox reported the short form was in fact the official form used in Hawaii. And the President finally released the long-form. I think the best interest of the county would have been better served if he released it sooner.

But I'm comfortable he was born in the USA. And I agree to some extent with the book's assessment of those still beating the birther drum.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Liberalism is a disease. Voting conservative is the cure.

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You are "Winning"! Keep the faith. Charlie

8. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Stl Flyn - That's what they were saying in Delaware and Nevada right after the Republican primaries. That was the end of their winning. As a result we have a Democratic Senate and Harry Reid.

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Actually, I thought that the article was interesting and balanced. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.