1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEWARE! Ts.com SCAMMERS ARE REAL!

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by bobby ward, Sep 21, 2013.

1. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Everyone,

On this site there is a warning from the site administrators to be wary of scammers. Sadly for me I have reported to David and the site administrators that I have just this week fallen victim to one of the scammers. I have been fleeced out of $750 with little or no hope of recovering the money. So please take heed and BEWARE!

2. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

so what happened

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If you were definitely scammed and not just the victim of misunderstanding or poor communication, etc, you should out the crook.

HM

4. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

0   0   0

And call the cops. Don't let them get away with it.

Me, I don't trust anybody and never buy anything online unless I use a credit card. It's just a sign of the times.

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

We thank you for warning us. Which is incomplete without a name.

There is also a warning about about e-mail addresses. I see you still have your e-mail address posted?

What's up with that?

Ajax

6. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Yes. David has posted many times warning against posting your e-mail address.

Regards , Pete

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Did you know the person you sent the money do? Did you know anything about him?
    Was he a regular on this forum? There's a certain amount of due diligence
    a person should do before entering into an online transaction. If you did all that and got scammed anyway, that's a shame. If you didn't, well...

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

I would say "out the person" just to help protect other people on TS.Com ... There is no good reason to let a person run free and attempt to take advantage of any others ... It would be nice to have a few details of the transaction and how you got took also ...

I just hope its not that Nigerian Doctor/Lawyer who contacted me and explained that I was wealthy beyond my wildest dreams ... I knew it was for real or he wouldn't of known about my dreams ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

No response from the scammed person! If someone here took me for $750 his name would be plastered in capital letters everywhere. Sounds like BS to me.

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If Bobby Ward says it ... it's true. His choice not to "out" the perp. in print is a cautious decision in our weird litigious world.

11. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Why even start a thread if you are not going to give details on scam ???? I think eveyone knows "to beware"

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Bobby has lots of money and fleeced the state of Illinois for many years to get it. About time he shared the wealth with the more unfortunate. Barrack Hussein Obama likes Bobby for his sharing the wealth and for his vote the last two elections. Bobby you have been duped in more ways than one. tic Out the scum bastard.

13. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Gentlemen,

(And I'll even include you in this description Brad!) First let me say, even though it is clear in my original post that I am not playing innocent here, that I have to take some responsibility in what happened. I am not without blame.

Second, I have not responded to your requests for more information up to this point because I hope you can understand that I have been busy trying to get the proper authorities notified and some action taken in my behalf. It is probably not going to help though.

I have never seen the person who did this log on to TS.com with the email address and name I got from him. The message came to me under the name Matthew Gadwah and the email address of: mattie_hottie1@outlook.com.

I think one of the mistakes I made is one that many people here also make. I did not give proper heed to the site warning about scammers. I also made the mistake of assuming I was dealing with a gentleman because he used TS.com. The transaction was handled in the same fashion as I have purchased hundreds of items on ebay and gunbroker.com. Both sites have a buyer protection built into their site. TS.com does not and can not have such a thing but I lost sight of that.

Since day one of my involvement on Trapshooters.com I have used my real name and offered my email address. Many people on this forum snipe and insult while hiding behind the cowardly protection of anonymity and I find that contemptible at the very least. Had I not used my email address the person who got me last week would not have been able to do so. However, over the years I have had many great exchanges with a lot of people here and made some really great friends in the process. I'll be a lot wiser who and how I respond to in the future.

I would especially warn against communications with out of work and half crippled former UPS employees..........That is a BAD303 thing to do!

Bobby

14. halfmile

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I used to post my email. In the last couple years I had a few identity thefts, one of which resulted in Saks Fifth Avenue charging me 2300 dollars for 3 pair of shoes. Sheesh.

In all cases, an alert person from the store or Credit card bank caught the unusual items and contacted me.

The scammers have apps which harvest emails from many sites on the net, and then they go to work. Hopefully not on me.

Don't post your email.

And if you mailed funds, contact the Postal Inspector. they take mail fraud quite seriously.

HM

15. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Postal Inspectors take it seriously? You better believe they do!! Contact them if you used the US Mail. This from an ex cop.

16. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Couldn't you use the PM for the same enjoyment in meeting people?

Ajax

17. tgs1420@gmail.com

tgs1420@gmail.com Member

0   0   0

I bought a gun from a guy on here who's name was Mattie Gadwah. He had me wire Transfer $2600.00 to the Bank of America in Manchester, NH to the account names Mary Gadwah and Veronica Lara-Merrell. His real name I have found on Facebook is Javier Luisito and He and this Veronica are engaged. I was naiveté (stupid)

18. halfmile

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

This guy is racking up a score.

Breakleg charley needs to pay him a visit.

HM

19. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Call:

[​IMG]

20. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Contact through PM also is a way to know that it is through TS.com, and not just a direct contact through your email. Get their contact information through PM.