1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beware this person....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I hate to do this but I have no choice...I sold a stock set to a guy named Frank Allegra on ebay, the set was exactly as described and as listed as no return...after the transaction was complete he decided he didn't want it and cried to paypal, I got tired of listening to him and instructed pp to refund his funds...they refunded the full purchase price less shipping...that was 2 weeks ago and he has yet to return the stock set...he is not only a jerk, but also a thief....I think he is a trader, looking for cheap to resale...if you ever see his name cut him off do not deal with him...sorry about this...I have traded, bought ,sold, chatted, etc for years on TSC and never had a problem...again sorry for having to do this...WC

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I would not have issued the refund until I was in possession of the stock. I would not only need possession of the item, I would also need to inspect it for any type of damage.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Why is it that any time some poor trusting soul tells his story on this forum the first replies are from the Dr. Phils who think it's important to tell the guy that they think he handled it all wrong... like the guy needs to hear that crap from self-styled experts and like it matters now!

MK

4. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I would have to agree, regardless of what he claims, your sale ad said it was as is, basically Buyer Beware. I would careless how much bitchin he did I would have never authorized PayPal to refund his money.

Bryan

5. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

MK:
    Not wishing to sound like a self-styled expert, but when PayPal wants to refund a buyer's money, they pretty much take it out of the seller's pocket and put it into the pocket of the buyer. No matter how loudly you complain.
    dju

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote>"...when PayPal wants to refund a buyer's money, they pretty much take it out of the seller's pocket and put it into the pocket of the buyer"</blockquote>

Well, heck... isn't that how a return works with any business?

You buy a product from a business...business pockets the money...you return the product...the money goes from the business's pocket back into yours!

Where else is the money supposed to come from?

MK

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Mk, what the issue is, is the fact the OP is now not only out of the money but the item too.

Sorry, but this self-styled expert still believes the OP should have never gave up the money with out the product in hand.

Bryan

8. Bridger

Bridger Member

You miss the point. In a paypal dispute the seller has little to say about it. Paypal will take the buyers side and return the money from the seller's account whether he agrees to the refund or not.

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

What Bryan said. Item was listed as NO RETURN. If you capitulate and agree to take it back, no refund until the item has been returned in same condition as it left.

10. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

thats why its best not to use paypal or ebay i quit using them because of their gun policies jerry

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Texshooter...I'd love to know who you're referring to up here. PM me if you'd care to...

12. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Sorry for your problem. Paypal and Ebay are getting to be a ripoff. I sold a bow a couple weeks ago for $200 and netted around $170 after all fees.

13. fnj682

fnj682 Member

Well guys, Frank Allegra here. I just noticed this and I must speak in my defense. I was the one wronged in this situation and Mr Walter Clayton is a person who speaks with no truth.

I did buy a stock from him on ebay. This was an aftermarket stock with no checkering (item #290548932799) . He said that the stock fit the receiver. That is where we ran into a little problem. The stock did not fit the receiver and it was so heavily sanded on one side that it will never fit a receiver. I kindly told him that I was sending it back because it was not as described. He charged me $19 to ship the stock (which only cost him $11.00) and I paid it. He told me to get S#$%4zzx.

What I don't understand........don't most reputable people give an inspection period or describe any flaws before they sell an item?

To make the story longer I did file an Ebay claim and he agreed to send me back a full refund including shipping (which I respected very much). Unfortunately he sent back only the price of the item and no shipping. That was not what we agreed to.

I have sent the stock back to him again on my dollar. I feel that I'm the victim here as I bought what was represented as a new stock that fit. It didn't. I have paid $30 for nothing. I'm not complaining about the $30 just about my dealings with Mr Clayton.

If you want some email abuse, deal with Mr Clayton and you won't be disappointed.

Here are parts of email messages that I received from him.

1.)"Yeah...Well your head is small...I told you I'd refund $100...anyone with an ounce of sense would agree that I have been more than desent about this...you on the other hand are a prick...WC"

2.)"Well...it seems that you are a prick, and an asshole and a thief..."

3.)"screw you, you dip shit"

I have bought and sold thousands of item on the net. I have bought and sold many items on this site. Luckily this is only the second bad deal that I have had to deal with. That speaks well for most people. Unfortunately this person should be on the "Buyer Beware" list. Sorry for taking up so much space but I felt that I needed to speak my mind and let everyone know what has transpired.
    You guys can make up your own mind as to who you think is right or wrong.

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Like my father always said there are 3 sides to every story his yours and the truth I do not judge anyone but the language is ugly if the quotes are accurate that is uncalled for

15. fnj682

fnj682 Member

Let me assure you that the quotes are accurate. I can forward the complete emails to anyone that would like to read them. As I said......If you would like some email abuse......deal with Mr Walter Clayton. You can actually get a hint of his name calling in the original post.

16. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I checked the listing and it said it would fit right on.

If it did not fit you must acquit. I would not want it either. Was not as listed.

Then again I would not even want to fit the forearm as it said would need to do. Ray

17. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Get the dirty laundry back in the basket, guys.

18. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I wonder if the dolphin will return to the surface?

FRedmon

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I think you guys should step out side and have it out. Then go back in the bar, and have a drink and say your sorry to each other. Just kidding! It is good to hear both sides of the story though.

20. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

WOW!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.