1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beware Robertb291 con artist

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jimmyc, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I bought a 101 field stock from Robert. You can check out the thread above. He said it was sold to me then resold it out from under me according to the email he sent to me when I inquired about my check and the stock. I have sent him a check for the stock but still have no stock. Beware because he is a crook. I hate crooks and unethical people especially when they tarnish a great site. Robert if you've got the guts to contact me and make this right I'll send you my number.
    Jimmy Cockroft

2. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Birddog,
    As of now the check is not cashed but it is still outstanding. Just thought I could trust this guy. I've been pming him with no answer but finally got an email back today. If the check gets cashed then I'm goin to the police along with the post on here, emails, and the pms. This guy really pissed me off.
    Jimmy

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Why didn't (don't) you stop payment on the check?

Bob

4. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

The check was for about $50 and my bank charges $20 for a stop pymt. I'm not sure it's worth it, of course they may not actually charge me. In 15 plus years that I've had an acct I've never had to stop pymt on one.
    Jimmy

5. rick979

rick979 Active Member

You are lucky that was only $50.00. It could have been $5,000.00. Then you would have had something to lose sleep over.

6. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Rick the fact is the stock was to fix my Dads gun. On top of that I had told him I had bought it to fix his gun. It's not the money it's the dishonesty that ticks me off. You ought to know that Texas boys don't take any crap from crooks.
    Jimmy

7. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Cut your loses; stop payment on the check. Be glad it hasn't been cashed yet and that it wasn't for a helluva lot more money. If you're not willing to do at least that much for yourself, stop whining about it here.

EE

8. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Ee, where I'm from the banks are closed on sat afternoon and Sunday. I'll be inquiring about cancellng the check at the bank on monday. I just found out about all the details of this transaction after lunch today. So for now I'll just whine.
    Jimmy

9. EE

EE Banned User Banned

First it was because it was $20, now it's that the bank is closed. Make up your mind.

EE

10. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Ee, The bank was closed but I had my handy dandy book that you get when you open your account. It's amazing it has all kinds of details including acct services and fees. Are you related to this guy or is it just another one of your handles on here. Thanks for your concern though.
    Jimmy

11. Rimfirejim

Rimfirejim TS Member

EE time to go to bed and leave Mom's computer alone.You really should get a job. Jim

12. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Thanks Jim. I was trying to take the high road with ee.

13. racer

racer TS Member

EE is a .ick. If you talk like you write, you must be from Jersey or NYC. Am I close? Dan

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Jimmy, show us the email.

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

JimmyC, don't pay any attention to EE as he is known as the Negative one on TS.com. I honestly can't remember even one nice thing that he has ever posted. It would upset me regardless of the the amount of money. I bought some hulls from an individual on here for $70.00 but the one kid never sent them. I found out through one of the other posters who he was and what club he shot(and worked) at and he decided to send me the hulls and half the money back. Jackie B.

16. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Here's today's email.

Jimmy
    I read your post on trapshooters wanting to buy the stock.I  received an email soon after asking where to send the money.It  turned out that it was not you who sent the email(I mistakenly  thought it was you)and sold t he stock to what I now realize was  someone else.I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and confusion.The  other party paid quickly with a . check.written on a company    acct.I have never received a check from you for and was quite  surprised about the whole thing.Do you have a cancelled check or  M.O. with an endorsed signature?If so please email me a copy of  it,but I have not receive one from you as of today 12/12/09.
       Bob

17. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Here's the pm detailing the transaction...

101 stock

Date: Sat, Nov 28, 2009 - 07:22 PM ET

Jimmy, send $45 chek,MO ,etc.,to: Robert Becker PO Box 34 Randolph,Oh.44265 thanks,i'll hold it for you....let me know

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I don't see the problem. He explained it. the check should never be cashed, or will be returned upon receipt... shit happens...

19. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

The problem is he agreed to send me the stock. I followed through. I think he has my check but sold the stock out from under me for more money. THATS THE PROBLEM.
    Jimmy

20. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Dan,
    if you were asking me where Im from.... Victoria, Texas.
    Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.