1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of Williej

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Rebel Sympathy, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Beware of Williej, selling items on TS.com. He is a con. He copies ads with photos, verbatim wording, and posts them here. See my post under the Wanted To Buy section for more details......

Mike

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Thanks for the heads up. He offered me a Ventriloquist but never sent pics.

3. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I can second that !

4. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

He sent me a PM about the Perazzi barrel I am looking for, I asked for pics, so we'll see what happens.

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I had same----He answered my WTB thread and had just what I wanted at a good price---Something didn't seem right so I told him I would only deal FFL to FFL and needed a pic ID---His address was in Calif----Can't say he is a fraud but interesting---Never heard back from him-----SJB----

6. ridgeway

ridgeway Member

0   0   0

He responded to my WTB ad for a Beretta extended optima choke in IC. The way he responded did not make sense because it sounded like he had no idea what he was talking about. Then he asked me how many I wanted to buy. I said Skeet, IC, LM, IM. He simply replied that he has them all...I was like OK and asked if he wanted $20 for all four. His reply was to make it $35 plus shipping and we have a deal. He replied with a Western Union request to:

Willie J Johnson 1653 1/2 w. 56th Street. Los Angeles CA 90062

I said how about I simply mail you a MO...he said it was not hard to head to walmart and send it via Western Union. I kinda figured something was up when he came back saying he would sell a choke for $5

I stopped communication and figure this is some sort of scam. Its probably a good scam since if he is getting small increments from many people...what law enforcement is going to investigate a $35 fraud claim?

Here is the google street view of the address he sent...

[​IMG]

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Maybe a TSs moderator can check it out----JMO----SJB

8. la angler

la angler Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Yes,I believe you could post a WTB for a camel turd and Willie would have one with pics.And of course please pay by using Western Union.

9. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

PRICELESS INFORMATION>>>THANKS

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Bart. If you ever hear the words "money from Walmart" or "Western union"... Run fast.

11. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Happy Holiday to You and the Family...Would Never of Even Consider with a Name Like Williej...Maybe William J...But Never Slick Williej..LOL

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    DO NOT SEND ANY FUNDS TO ANYONE VIA WESTERN UNION.

You have ZERO recourse when these scam artists rip you off. Your money will be gone, forever.

13. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

He should start his own web site and call it scammer.me

14. coalboss

coalboss Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

he ans a wtb add for a bt 99 leos that i wanted, same thing took a few days for him to find some one elsses pict;s to post and wanted wester union . the first mention of wester union is a dead give away.that it is a scam

15. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

He responded for my WTB ad for a SX2 ..... said he wanted $2450 for the gun.
    When I asked him what kind of drugs he was on, he replied make an offer. I offered $600 and he accepted !!!!

Didn't provide any pics or answer any questions .... SCAM

Mike

16. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

First we had a Johnson now we have a willie.

17. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I reported him and he has been blocked from TS.com according to our moderator.

Mike

18. senorric

senorric Member

0   0   0

Wonder if he has a nice bridge for sale in NYC?

19. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

0   0   0

I bought a dog from a guy online and had to send him Westren Uninon cash, I was so nervous about it. But he gave me a couple of references and I called them. The guys were in two different states and they told me I had nothing to worry about. I reluctantly sent him the cash, 6 days later the dog showed up as promised. I will always ask for references if cash is used. I also had a guy contact me that saw our conversation on the forum. He said he lived only 15 minutes from the guy and he was a cop. he told me if I had any problems to just let him know, this was just after I had sent the money. That made me feel alot better about the deal. Most westren union cash deals are a scam, but some are legit....

20. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

williej is busted.

Gene in Illinois

BTW I WTB a 1961 Chevrolet Impala bubbletop; gray with white accents, red interior. With an 8 track player and rear speaker. Prefer a small block V8, but would consider a straight 6. Serious contact only. Must be all original and absolutely pristine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.