1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beware Of Williej

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Rebel Sympathy, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Beware of a con answering your WTB posts, saying he has what you want. I looked up his posts and find that he is answering WTB ads with the same wording each time. Also, he offers for sale items that are the exact same ones, including photos and exact word descriptions, as on GunsAmerica. Obviously copied GA ads. Funny, one item he has for sale is in VA and the other in MN. Ol' Willie gets around a lot....

Mike

2. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Thanks for posting, he just sent me a PM a couple of hours ago in reference to the MX8 barrel I am looking for.

3. sidetrack

sidetrack Member

0   0   0

He also send me a pm that was as high as a new gun must less a barrel.

4. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

He sent me an answer to my wtb thread---Had just what I wanted at a good price.
    He gave me a Calif address---I told him I would only deal FFL to FFL and needed a pic ID----Never heard from him again---Can't say he is a fraud but very interesting----Just do what I did and we may know more----SJB---

5. Byrrrdmann

Byrrrdmann Member

0   0   0

Thanks for the heads up! I posted a WTB on TS.com for a friend for an item that is more rare than hen's teeth. He responded quickly but was very ambigous about his whereabouts. Thanks again!
    Tony

6. williej

williej TS Member

0   0   0

No i am not like that okay .. stop saying things like this about me on here because i decided not to sell for you anymore ..so YOU ALL CAN ... i am a store man okay so we sell most of these .. and sellers bring to me to help them sell

7. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

Aw see? Now you guys hurt Williej"s feelings.

8. williej

williej TS Member

0   0   0

they really hurt my feeling .. probably not sell on here anymore...

9. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

IF in FACT you do Sell Anything Here and or SOLD Anything Here...PLEASE HAVE SOMEONE COME FORWARD ABOUT YOUR TRANSACTION..

10. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

0   0   0

WILLIE take a hike

11. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

His reply has scammer written all aver it.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

His wording has foreign scammer all over it.

I think this site can live without Willie.

Don

13. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

who knows maybe willie don,t even have a willie

14. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

He offered to sell me a rather obscure Coleman kerosene lantern. The photo he sent was of a very common model and not kerosene. He instructed me to pay by western union to an address in south-central LA. I refused. he is a crook for sure.

15. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I want to add two important details. his responses to my emails were never on target, as if he didn't really understand what i was saying. Also, he said he wanted payment via Western Union on Wednesday so that he could ship on Thursday (Thanksgiving) Clearly, something is not jake. Both the WU request and the promise to ship on a holiday are red flags. Williej is a bad risk in my book.

16. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I corresponded with him and told him that I'd be willing to meet him to take a look at the "barrel" he offered me and pay him cash on the spot, of course, no answer back!

17. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

0   0   0

Scammer for sure.

18. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

HaHa I love it! I've got a few emails from Willie also for "stuff" I'm looking for. If anyone gets taken by Willie they're a D*A*.

19. Mapper

Mapper Member

0   0   0

Yeah,if Willie didn't realize I was sarcastic, then he ain't no Rhodes scholar.

20. brownk80

brownk80 Member

0   0   0

wILLIE CALLED ME THE OTHER DAY AND TOLD ME I HAD WON THE PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE SWEEPSTAKES TO THE TUNE OF $3.5 MILLION. HE SAID THEY WERE ON THE WAY TO MY HOUSES WITH THE 2012 MERCEDES AND THE CHECK AND HAD AN ACCIDENT WHICH WOULD DELAY THEM.

SINCE IT WASN'T VERY FAR FROM MY HOME I OFFERED TO DRIVE OVER AND PICK UP THE CHECK AND MAKE SURE THE CARE WAS REPAIRED PROPERLY BUT HE TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO PAY A $350 DELIVERY CHARGE AND THAT THE BEST WAY WAS FOR ME TO GO TO THE WESTERN UNION AND WIRE THE MONEY.

I REALLY SCREWED UP!!! I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD AT THAT POINT THAT I DIDN'T GET THE ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO SO IF ANYONE TALKS WITH WILLIE WOULD YOU PLEASE GET ME THE ADDRESS SO I CAN GET MY MONEY AND MY NEW CAR.

THANKS,

BROWNK80

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.