1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of this Scammer!!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by MikeInNPR, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

0   0   0

I want to inform the members here of a scammer using the name David J. Albright He is selling a Perazzi MX 15 for $2500 and a MX3 Special Combo for $2500. He doesn't speak good English but keeps you interested with more pictures and emails tempting to reel you in.

I smelt a rat and let him know that my FFL will only accept a transfer from another FFL and will need his FFL information. Short time later he sent a FFL of which I called and it was a small PAwn/Gun shop in Moesho, MO. I called the gun store and they explained this guy has been trying to hustle these guns for about 1 month now but will never agree to a Face to face pickup or COD shipment.

2. capt jay

capt jay Member

0   0   0

Nice work...Thanks

happy Holiday

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

BUSTED!

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

You can go on line to check a FFL to see if it is good. Click on the link. Bulge.
    https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

5. Gary Ferrell

Gary Ferrell Member

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0

This same guy had a Beretta 682 gold like new for sale for $1500.00 shipped.Told him i would buy the gun but wanted to talk with him on the phone.I called him 4 or 5 times and i believe it was a pay as you go phone.He would call me back and so much noise you couldn't hear him.I told him i would send funds and FFL to his FFL and he said just send it to him and he would send a copy of his DL and Miltary ID.His phone would show Indiana,the gun was listed in Wisc.and he lives in Springfield Mo. He said his name was David Albright and he gave me his address where to send the funds.The funny thing is i pulled him up on the net and it shows a David Albright living at the address he gave me. .I finally talked with him on the phone and could not understand a word he said sounded to be asian.He has several different guns for sale on different sites.He did offer a face to face sale in Mo.

6. MilesK

MilesK Member

0   1   0

I too was looking at the ad for a 682 Gold E for sale. I could never get him on the phone and he has several different names that have been floating around on several different e-mails. I will include them at the bottom. Too bad, I thought Christmas was coming early. He said he was in Clarksville, TX, and the gun was located in Richardson, TX. Also, he gave a serial number so I called beretta and come to find out is not a 682, it has the right letters and close to right sequence but not valid or imported by Beretta USA.

Good to know someone else smelled this rat too!

Names I have Been Given:
    -Perry Jones - Clarksville, TX
    -Chris Miller - Richardson, TX

Address I was supposed to send payment to -
    Chris Miller
    1613 Richforest Dr Richardson Texas 75081

7. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

0   0   0

Gary explained my dealing with him almost exactly. Please be careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.