1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of Auto Insurance Bait n Switch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CalvinMD, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Howdy folks,..hoping my experience helps somebody else out there. I got my moms car insurance on with 21st Century 5 months ago and got a very fair full coverage rate for her. We just recieved a mileage declaration that we filled out and returned to them immediately and accurately filled out. To make it short we were notified her insurance would be rising close to 40% come renewal time. I called CS and spoke with a rep and finally pried out of her that their policy was to take the total mileage and divide by the age of the car in years. After explaining my mom has been retired for 4 years and that she has only averaged shy of 2500miles a yr since retiring and the bulk of her mileage was accumulated commuting pre-retirement and getting nowhere, I asked to speak to a supervisor who finally relented after much arm twisting (and informing her I was going to my state insurance commision)to accept the actual mileage driven (proven by auto service reciept/records odometer readings)which they found verified our stated usage estimate to be true and actually too generous!. Using these figures her insurance stayed the same basically increasing by about $1.50 a month... In closing I just wanted you guys to be aware of this little trick that was attempted to rape a Sr citizen who if not for someone assisting in managing her affairs, probably would have just accepted the increase without question...Watch your sixes my friends!!!

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Thanks for the heads up Calvin, the ins companies have a lot of tricks up their sleeves

Ever year out company performance liability ins doubles then they do an audit and cut it back in half, but they keep our money for about 6-8 months for nothing, very irritating but they are still the lowest cost, but we have never had a claim in over 35 yrs ( wish we had all the money back)

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Insurance companies are legalized thieves.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Fight back don't buy Insurance.

Don

5. willing

willing Member

jUST FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH YOU SPEND YEARLY FOR ALL YOUR INSURANCE IN TOTAL. iTS PROBABLY MORE THAN ANY OTHER EXPENCE. SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

bILL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.