1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BEWARE OF AD ON GUNSAMERICA

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Gramps, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gramps

Gramps Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

There is an ad on Gunsamerica for a Plantation Krieghoff K80 for $2300.00. This is a fake ad, be careful and don't send any money. Another person sent $1600.00 to this person for a Beretta DT10 and lost his money. The person that lost his money put a thread on this web site with the information.

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

0   0   0

link to long,,item# 921758394

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Get a serial number. I once found a stolen BT-99 Pigeon for a guy because it was ridiculously low priced at a gun show.

He got it back. I got death threats.

I'm still alive.

HM

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The internet is making things hard for conventional stores, and it also opens the buyers up to fraud. I lost on a motorcycle purchase, and my friend just lost on a car purchase. You have to really be careful these days. Thanks for the warning.

5. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

i sent a question to seller about this gun.she is located in virginia.by her telephone area code. also she has listed her email address. you can get the info by sending the seller a question......dwain

6. chemist

chemist Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

If her name is Beverley Piancone she is a fraud- I am the guy who was beat for 1600. she lists a phone number that goes to voice mail and sends email that says she is divorced and in hospital- asks for Money gram and sends a FAx to send when money is sent-look at the internet detail part of the email and it will probably be a google transfer site-

7. woodski

woodski Member

0   0   0

She listed a Perazzi O/U just last week for $1500 no res. last week for one day and pulled the listing. I had emailed her for a one to one phone conversation after she said she was going thru a divorce and just selling one of her husbands guns she knew nothing about really. It was too good of an listing to be true and the listing was very professional looking with good info and great pictures of the highly engraved very nice Perazzi O/U. She asked for a money gram this time too as a side deal rather than Gunbroker and refused to ever call in person. BEWARE of this one too!!!!

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

0   0   0

There is a four letter word for females that operate like that.....starts with a C.

AndyH ;-)

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

0   0   0

How do you know it's a woman? That's the bad thing about the Internet all you have is what they type. In a lot of cases they type lies. I've heard of scams being ran from prisons by the inmates. Best advice I have been given came from this site. Make contact, be sure the phone number is valid, use a reverse number lookup to see that it is who it's suppose to be and never, never use Western Union to pay. A little background work could save a lot of aggravation. JW

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

Its a gal/man team they have changed names but still in VA A guy on cast boolits has their info. I think he had the address also will see if I can get it

11. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

0   0   0

If it sounds to good to be true...

12. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

0   0   0

She did not pull the ad. I ratted her out on GunsAmerica and Gunbroker. They pulled her ad.

The real seller had the gun on GunsAmerica for $9500. I emailed him and he said that she had the gun "all over the internet." Used his pictures and description.

I also responded to one of her ads, just for curiosity and got the same "hospital" story.

I asked her if she was in Nigeria? :)

13. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Has anyone contacted law enforcement? Billy

14. chemist

chemist Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I sent reports to FBI Internet Crimes section and notified GA and the police in Portsmouth VA where the Money Gram was sent. Called Money gram agent and he was sorry, but could offer no help- Tried US postal service phone number but get a busy signal- on one of the emails there was a Chinese character instead of a letter- did not notice it until I reread them- thought it was a smear from the printer- will supply any new info if I hear from any agencies-

15. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I just looked at the AD for 921758394.

It said there was no history of sales by that user.

That is often a sign to stay away.

Lou

16. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

0   0   0

Gosh this is downright scary! I have an ad on here to buy a gun.......if I find what I am looking for this will be my first transaction outside of Gunbroker for a firearm.......anyone had problems with a purchase off of the Trapshooters forum? Thanks.

Stacey

17. Gregg535

Gregg535 Member

0   0   0

Stacey,

I have bought and sold quite a few guns and a lot of related stuff on this site with no problems at all; but try and just use common sense about the sale --- exchange a few e-mails and talk on the phone. Look up on a web search for the address and phone number you were given. Do a search on this site to see any other posts that person may have over the years. Find out if he is an ATA member and do a look-up of their name and state on the ATA web site --- things like that. If you are handy with the computer, you can do this fairly quickly.

Make sure you feel confortable about the sale or purchase, or else don't do it if it doesn't seem right ----for example, never even think of wiring money Western Union to purchase an item.

18. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

0   0   0

Thanks Gregg535 :)

19. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

0   0   0

to bill marsh & others ,i got a response to the add today also. same line of BS. regrettably she was being treated in the hospital & this was a bad time for her. however she told me gunsamerica would do the transaction for 2 % fee & handle the transaction thru there drop location..could someone please tell me where gunsamerica,s drop location is ??????? thanks in advance.dwain

20. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

0   0   0

Human greed is what keeps these scammers in business. Wouldn’t we all like to land that fantastic “deal of a lifetime?”

A K80 for $2300? A DT-10 for $1600? If either of you has any reasonable knowledge about gun values, you would have known that these prices were fishy at best. Payment by Money Gram should have been the clincher.

…Oh but what if it is true?...

Suckered in with a sob story, your greed took over and left reason behind. Knowing that it’s probably a scam you still imagined what a great deal you could tell your friends about if it is true!

…So you took your chances…rolled the dice…

GREED made the gamble seem like risk worth taking.

Greed keeps the scammers in business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are krieghoff k80 hand engraved or rolled

gunsamerica krieghoff