Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beware I was almost taken! SCAM SCAM!!!!!!!!

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  charleyj10 
#1 ·
I have been looking for a 90-t. So I recieved a email from someone who said they had one. He sent me photos and we messaged each other 4-5 times to work out the details. He wanted me to western union half the money to somewhere in miami fl I just didnt have a good feeling about it the pics and description really looked like everything was on the up and up except for the western union money drop so he had given me the name of a ffl in miami that he was using. So I called them,they said he did not know him but he siad he would call me when he came in with the gun. I sent seller one more message and told him I was not comfortable with the money drop and to go to his ffl and get him to call me with a visual inspection. The last message I recieved said he would get him to call me via PAY PHONE. What the HELL. I have not heard from him since! If I thought I could find Segio in miami I would go there and punch him in the throat.. Scott Nichols

#4 ·
I wire Money to all my stranded relatives in Nigeria by Western Union. I just don't understand why my family members keep going on vacation there and having issues requiring me to send money. They have just about tapped me out.

#5 ·
First rule of doing business on the internet: If someone wants you to pay by Western Union, its a scam, end of story. Everyone doing business should know that.

Now RECEIVING money via Western Union is no problem, I had a customer from Mexico send funds that way once.

Bottom line, the person SENDING funds via WU assumes ALL the risk, and has NO recourse if things go south.

#9 ·
This is probably the same jerk hovering around this site lurking to snare the unsuspecting.

The biggest tip are the two words: WESTERN UNION.

You never, never, never, ever deal with ANYONE who suggests Western Union. It's a one way trap.

I'd even bet that if you traced their IP address you'd find someplace like Bulgaria, Nigerian, Germany, etc.

Whiz

#11 ·
The best thing you can do here on ts.com, is do not post your email address. Deal through the PM system. There has been numerous ts.com members targeted as Whiz above mentioned because they were searching for an item an had their email address posted. These scammers access that address and launch their scam based on the item you are searching for. As I said before, operate via the PM system and avoid the Western Union payment scam.

#13 ·
We had a funny scam one time....I listed some wooden panels for sale in our local paper, asking $200 for all of them. I got a phone call from the service that deaf folks use with instructions that a truck driver would pick them up because the buyer was out of state. OK, I told them to send me the money and I would be happy to let the driver drive away with them. When I got the check in the mail, it was from a Sebring, FL bank (the name of the town was misspelled on the check) and the check was in the amount of $1,400. I got a second phone call with instructions to cash the check, keep my $200 and give the driver the balance. No way....When I didn't cash the check, no one showed up. I called the bank in FL and they said it happened on a regular basis, but the amount was so small that the Federal Authorities wouldn't bother doing anything. Oh well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.