1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Betting on election outcome

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kiwiG, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, I don't have a dog in the fight, no knowledge of the issues or people involved, nor any means of altering the outcome...HOWEVER... according to the Australian bookmakers, Obama is over 4 times more likely to be the next US President than McCain. Is this trend reflected in the US opinion polls, or is there some very REAL value to be had by wagering on McCain? Cheers-Graham.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It appears that it will be an even money race. HMB

3. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Check out the Intrade Prediction Market.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Kiwi, if this was an honest election I would take the 4 to 1 odds and bet on McCain, but the fix is in on this one. Obama is going to steal it, and he is being cheered on by the people in charge. The US is rapidly becoming a 3rd world country, ran by corrupt tinhorn human crap. You say you have no knowledge of the people or issues involved, well neither do most of the population over here doing the voting. All they know is what the media tells them and that is - Obama is the Messiah, so pure he doesn't even have to go to the bathroom.

New Zealand and Australian are the last great hope for the preservation of Western culture and freedom. Please don't blow it like we did. Fight the bolsheviks at every corner.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I will not make a direct wager, but I have quite a bit of money, in the form of increased taxes, riding on the outcome of the election.

Pat Ireland

6. zinger

zinger Member

Listening on the radio yesterday, they said all 4 branches of the military was 85/15 McCain, all Veterans 85/15 McCain, White Caucasian 85/15 McCain, Hispanics 85/15 McCain, African American 85/15 Obama....we can only hope this rings true.

7. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks Guys, By handing the bookmakers $100 they will hand me $700 should McCain be your next President...those are mighty attractive odds even if Obama is actually a narrow favourite. Cheers-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.