1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

better trap gun Kolar or Krieghoff? suggestio

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zackman1259, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zackman1259

zackman1259 TS Member

what is the better trap gun Kolar or a Krieghoff? Suggestions?

Zack

2. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Ford vs Chevy

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I chose Kolar because of feel and trigger simplicity. You can change from pull to release on the Kolar whereas on the Kgun the trigger is a lot on parts and only changed by a pro. Jake

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

It is going to be a win/win situation. I prefer Krieghoff, and have shot them for about 20 years, but the Kolar is a fine gun as well. My K-80 Sporter feels and handles like a sports car. My K-80 Trap gun has the heft it needs for many rounds of low recoil fun.

I am sure Kolar owners would say the same. The Trap gun feels substantial, yet the Sporter feels very lively and responsive.

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I felt the Kolar shot softer. Shot it great on 16's, but could never get back to my K-80 scores on hdcp and doubles. So, I went back to the K-gun, and my ave. went back up. The Kolar is easier to service. Jeff and the Kolar crew were always great.

6. Paul09

Paul09 TS Member

it really depends on what u like. u should shoot both and then determine what you like. i shoot a ljutic and absolutely love it. ive shot perazzi's, kolar's, kreigoff's, mach one's, and the ljutic worked the best for me. so it really depends on what u like and what u shoot best

7. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

The one that wotks best for you. That is all that should matter to you.Go somewhere where you can shoot both guns, let that decide for you.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Not owning either, but having shot both brands, one immediately notices the fine quality of both firearm manufacturers - and at that price point and the number of folks who swear by either - they'd have to be.

They're both fully adjustable, depriving you of any future excuses why you're not breaking targets - it's the driver, not the car that makes the real difference at this level. If you're in the position to be able to purchase either brand, I envy you, regardless of your choice.

Jay

9. 1130r

1130r TS Member

I do not know witch is a better gun but i had a 90T that came open when shot. Isent it to Kolar for repair and they fixed it for a fair charge.Then after about 8 months it started to come oupn again so i called them and they said would fix it again for another charge because they would not stand behind it. So i bought a new KX5 and love it.

10. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

The only way to find out would be to buy one of each. Think you still would not have answer.
    Ask Pete McAll. He will give you an answer.

Joe Woods/Ontario

11. TigerMyrtle

TigerMyrtle Member

Zack: You question is which is "better" I am assuming applies to which is best for YOU? That being said the easiest way to explain the choices in gun high end gun selection is making comparisons to bowling, pool, baseball and golf. One bowling ball will have a better feel to some than others. My favorite pool cue might feel like a 2x4 to someone else. Barry Bonds likely swings a different bat than A-Rod and Tiger Woods has proven the most popular golf equipment and winning are not easily tied together. With the above being said, the bottom line is this: Both guns provide tremendous value for the money spent. Each gun will have features and traits that mean more to some than others. The two selections you are asking about have VERY different "feels" and desirous features. When trying both these guns for your selection make sure each gun fits you and the POI suits your desired style and need. Good Luck!

Eric Schmidt

PS - I have owned both but currently have had a Kolar three barrel set for five years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.