1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Shot Maker

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Redrock, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redrock

Redrock TS Member

Purchased a Better Shot Maker and within 20 min of pluggin in we were making shot, comes with very good instructions and coolant recomendations I went with 50/50 mix laundry detergent and Straight antifreeze (water soluable) don't like the idea of gas or diesel fumes...just more chemicals. I did however have a small problem with the unit and gave James a call (on a Sat night even) and withing 15min they had a solution! Very good customer service they (Ellen and James) seem to be very good people that will support what they sell...very impressed.

Steve.

2. powder-em

powder-em Member

Steve try non toxic antifreeze straight. The cheap RV Marine stuff. Most of it is pink. Works great and non toxic. Permiant has harmful vapors. It washes off easily with water and no waste water disposal problems. All good Dave

3. Redrock

Redrock TS Member

Thank you for the tip I will give that a try.

4. Grumpy

Grumpy TS Member

Redrock---Great to hear the good reports on the better shot makers and the backup support service from Ellen & James. My shot maker is on order just waiting for it to arrive.

Bigmac---Thanks for the heads up on the non toxic RV antifreeze that should be environmentally safe to use and keep everyone happy. Regards Wayne

5. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

got my better shotmaker(single ladel 7.5 drippers) in today,had a couple of hours to play with it after work an when i was done had 50 lbs of good shot to load tomorrow for this weekend.jim&ellen have been great to work with,called him several times to ask questions before &after,and always felt like he was there to give great customer service.looking foward to doing business with them in the near future when im ready to buy my second unit for #9 shot,
    big mac:thanks for the tip on the non toxic rv anti freeze,mite have to try.now im using brake fluid and after hearing "low flash point 3 times this week im a little nervous,i am pumping my fluid through a 10"x10" tranny cooler sitting in a bucket of ice water and my tank holds 14 gallons,so im going to keep an eye on the temp.
    DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT THE FLASH POINT OF BRAKE FLUID IS?thanks,mark jones

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

How much does the shotmaker cost???????

Forrest

7. duke76

duke76 Member

tree fitty for the single pan plus 25 dollars shipping

8. scott k

scott k TS Member

plinker61 don't know the flash point but the colder you keep the fluid the better the shot is. you should be able to run your system all day with no problem.

scott

9. 333t

333t Member

The flash point temperature for Dot-3 brake fluid is around 250-275F. The MSD sheet at this website gives detailed safety information. When the Dot-3 starts overheating you will see vapor coming off, this is what ignites. If your catch basin upper exterior feels hot to your hand it is time to shut things off.

Phil

http://seweb1.phillips66.com/hes/msds.nsf/4e03479edc6bf495862565b40055fb54/758d2ee96fadd80186256675004dbc6e?OpenDocument

10. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

thanks scott &333t,i have access to all the brake fluid i need for free,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.