1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Better on Handicap?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

At the last trap shoot, I shot horrible again (if there was an 'F' class, I'd be in it) on the 16, but then on handicaps (if I shoot enough I'll probably get a reduction) I hit a lot more birds. Does that happen a lot?

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

it just did. my handicap scores are often better than my 16 scores. look at my thread more important barrel movememt or eye movement or both. the answer is both. don't move eyes or barrel till target clears house. very tuff to do. don't let target control you. it won't control me now, provided by eyes stay good.

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Regardless of where you position your barrel with respect to the lip of the house, let the target clear the barrel of the gun before you start to the target. You will find you have a much clearer view of the target. I had to practice this a long time, but it works very well. Harlan will tell you the same thing, Britt Robinson as well. Hope this helps, Roy

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

What are you calling handicap? I've always thought the 20 yard line is the easiest place to shoot from. Always looked forward to opening night of league when everyone started on the 20. Less barrel movement than at the 16 and they don't require any noticeable lead - darn near ideal in my book. Just askin'.

5. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

Your pattern is wider. D Winter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.