1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Better idea for the economy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rd, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rd

rd TS Member

If my math is right, $700 billion (the bailout amount) can be divided by the population of the USA (306 million) and result in over $2.3 million for every man, woman, and child in our country. Wouldn't it actually kick start the economy in a meaningful way if they gave US the money? How the h--- are we going to pay for this?

2. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

It would, but we wouldn`t put alot of it back in the politicians back pockets.

Tom R.

3. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Your alot closer to what will fix the economy than the big shots in Washington. I don't know how bailing the auto industry and the banks is going to allow any of us to make more money from a job we don't have. We still can't afford to spend the money that will better the economy!

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Maddog, you punched the wrong button on your calculator,or you're a politician,it's about $2,300 per peson, which is still a screw job

5. texasaggie2000

texasaggie2000 Member

Pretty sure that is $2,300 per person, but someone please check my math.

6. rd

rd TS Member

Sorry- you're right. My little calculator couldn't handle the zeros. But still- give us all 2 grand- that would help.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

how the hell are we going to pay for this? You must be kidding me.

You're asking that NOW???

How the hell were we ever going to pay for everything FDR signed us up for way back in the 30s?

Someone should have been asking that question back in the 60s, but we had Kennedy, and Camelot and all that 'new society' BS.

And giving most people $2k is roughly akin to giving a pedophile the keys to the school bus, for christsakes. They wouldn't know what to do with it if it bit them in the ass. More itunes. Better get a new cell phone, with a fancy new plan they can't afford and don't need anyway. Might think about a new car...if they put $500 down, they can roll up everything they owe on the last 3 cars they bought and have one nice, big jumbo payment on a car that they're upside down on when the front wheels clear the gutter.

If everyone lived within their means, this country would be in a hell of a lot better shape. Folks need to distinguish real needs from their real 'wants'.

8. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

The government can not pay anybody anything without first taking it away from someone else.

HBT

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mdoff was a piker. Our government pays around 170 billion a year just as interest on the debt.

After all the latest stuff, plus Obama's grand intentions, the interest will be 400 Billion a year.

I figure it will collapse shortly after that and we will have the Amero forced on us instead of the now worthlesss dollars.

HM

10. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

Shot the media.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.