1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bet you wouldn't have guessed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dickgshot, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Bet you wouldn

The largest US seller of firearms and ammunition:

WALMART!

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Cabelas sells a lot of guns too

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

So does the Obo administration!

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The local W store here in outstate MN doesn't carry firearms anymore and hasn't for quite awhile. Who are they selling them to, Iran?

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Don't know. Picked that tidbit off the MS news on my computer. Walmart, at one time had Remington and Beretta target guns on their website, that you could order and have delivered to one of their stores.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Our local Wal Mart has everything from Bushmaster, DPMS, Ruger, Remington, S&W, Colt to Sig and several others. They have a large selection of AR's in those brands as well as shotguns and bolt action rifles. They even have a section selling shotgun pistol grips, breeching chokes, as well as quite a selection of AR add-ons including high capacity mags. Not bad for such an anti-gun state.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

So what's it like buying a gun from Wally World? I think I may have gotten a 10-22 from them years ago, but cannot remember the experience.

Not that I'd ever do it, but I wonder if the experience is anything like Gander Mountain. I've never succeeded in getting a transaction done in less than 45 minutes to an hour in that place - never again. Multiple layers of "manager checks"...extra papers to sign, employees who disappear "in back" and leave you standing around for 20 minutes waiting for the next step, frequent mistakes and delays, hard-sell attempts to get you to buy extended warranties on an item that will outlive you five times over (I've had them try to sell me a $9 warranty on an item that cost less than $40)...yech, who needs it? You feel like walking around behind the counter and doing it FOR them, just so you can get out of there quicker.

Local gunshops 100% for me, from now on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.