1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to tumble shot????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ljutic78s, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

To all you shotmasters,anybody have plans or pictures on how to make a shot tumbler to graphite shot???? Thanks John

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Couple of ideas...

For large quantities, get a home-version cement mixer. Otherwise, for smaller quantities, get a rock tumbler.

Jay

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I use a cement mixer. 70# at a time, it is the smaller one.

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Here is my tumbler/setup

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=139082

5. redix

redix TS Member

A home-version cement mixer works great for the Portland Gun Club's shot re-cycling project.

6. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

Picked up an old cement mixer for free. Removed the baffles and had a buddy spray it with bed liner. Works great. Not an original idea, as I believe I read it on this site a couple years ago.

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Old cement mixer works good. I can do about 300 lbs at a time. Jim

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/Shot%20Maker/shotpolishing.flv">

8. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Are there any tricks used to shine reclaimed shot? The shot is oxidized and I have not been able to remove the oxidation by tumbling it in a cement mixer-do I need to add an abbrasive? If I add graphite, it just adheres to the oxidation. Any suggestions? Thanks, Roger

9. 686

686 TS Member

HIMARK i read your post on shootgun sight. i found out what you are going throw. saleing shot and not resuppling your lead you wind up with out any lead. lead is getting higher to buy . when i sale any shot it is $35.00 per bag. right now i only want to trade. factory in my area is 50-60 . getting people from other areas you do not get to is a way to go.

10. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Agreed. I offered my shot out at what I thought to be a very motivating price (my area) that would make me a little bit and keep the ball rolling. But, most guys just want to clean out the supply and not re-plenish it. The only way it works at those prices is to coop with the buyers. It is difficult to convey that message. I do enjoy doing it and if I can do it and help supply others with shot and save myself some $ great! But making shot is going to be a dying hobby I believe with the limited supply of lead apparently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.