1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best way to prepare 4 1/2 lb tenderloin strip

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slipping into darkness, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

some quick advice would be most appreciated on preparing this strip. Thanks to all that respond. "slid"

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Wrap it with bacon and put it in the BBQ.

3. jrton80

jrton80 Member

Easy to do if you have a talent with knives. Remove all the fat (by hand) first then remove the silverskin that you will find under the fat. The silverskin can be tricky to remove cleanly (that's the reason for being good with a knife). If you get it started from the tail (small flat end) I have seen beginners use a dull knife or the back edge of a knife and kind of tear it off in strips. Then all you have to do is slice steaks the size you like. If it is a lesser grade of meat and not much fat in it, wrap it in bacon and that will help add flavor to the meat as it cooks. Most of the flavor from grilled meats comes from the marbeling in it. Good luck. jrton80

4. Ducky

Ducky Member

Make a simple rub of salt pepper and garlic powder and maybe a few other things that you like. Cook it indirect on the grill WITH and meat thermometer to med rare. (Indirect method) let rest for 10 min. and slice and serve. Takes about and hour start to eating.

Scott

5. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Butterfly it, stuff with bannana peppers and cream cheese, then wrap in bacon. Cook until complete on the grill, stove top or over, which ever you prefer.

Matt Ski

6. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Be certain that the meat is at room temperature prior to cooking. Use olive oil as a rub--all over--then use your favorite seasonings and grill. Turn it over only once at a 90 degree angle--use a thermometer-- Enjoy.Or cut prior to the sizes you like and grill as described.Medium heat and watch for flare ups from the grease dripping to the burners.

7. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Box it up in Dry Ice and send it to me. I give you my word that I'll resolve this issue once and for all. }:)

8. Mapper

Mapper Member

I have a recipe from Dionne Lucas(I think) that involves putting on some pate and wrapping it with pershrudo, then putting the whole thing in Brioch dough and baking it. Otherwise, I like jrton80's approach and wrap some bacon on it. I did the Dionne recipe once. Took all day, but it was outstanding. She was a teacher at Cordon Bleu in Paris. E-mail me if you want the recipe.

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Coat it in salt, let rest at room temp for 30 minuts. Wipe off all the salt with paper towel, coat in oil, sear all sides in very hot cast iron skillet outdoors. Season with garlic and pepper.

finish in oven or grill until med rare.

10. aabradley82

aabradley82 TS Member

If its pork(haven't tried others yet) take a long blade and poke a hole through it lengthwise and stuff a smoked sausage inside. then bake or grill. it's really good and a change from just another loin.

Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.