1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Way to Pack Empty Hulls for Shipping?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by puablo, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Have thousands of AA silver handicap and some Rem. Nitro hulls. May put them up for sale and ship. They are in Win. clay target cartons. What's the best and easiest way to pack them for shipment for those of you who ship your hulls out?

Thanks for the info.

Jeff

2. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

I put them in a kitchen trash can liner bag then into the empty clay target boxes (they're free!) then tape them up really well and ship them via USPS.

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I too would suggest a box.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

White flyer box's will hold 500 hulls easy. Hulls in one box then slip other box over top. Tape well.

5. whopper1

whopper1 Member

If the price is right, I'll take at least 1000 of the silvers.

Dave

6. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Jeff,

I would NOT put any hulls in a clay target box as they are very thin and weak. If your box gets damaged and your hulls get lost UPS will NOT pay you damages if they are not in an approved weight box. I know from experience. A box side ox 12 x 12 x24 is perfect. Good luck as hulls are hard to come by since factory shells are so expensive.

7. cementman

cementman Member

Shipping boxes can be purchased on Ebay for a package of 12 boxes under $30.00. Typical example is a current auction for 14" x 14" x 14" boxes as follows:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sparco-Shipping-Carton-14-Wx14-Dx14-H-12-PK-Kraft-SPR70004-/370748456182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5652547cf6

These boxes will hold 1000 hulls perfectly with a shipping weight of 20 lbs.

8. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have shipped thousands in empty clay target boxes. 500 in one box with another empty box forced over the full one and then taped securely. I have connected as many as 3 of these boxes together one on top of the other as they still fall under the over-sized package limit. I would list my hulls on GunBroker at 4 cents each for a 500 lot and show the winner the shipping cost. Then I would show them the cost to ship 1000 with the cost per hull remaining the same. 9 times out of 10, they would buy 1000. I just did a cost for a shipment from my house in Michigan to St. Louis, MO. 500 hulls shipped UPS is $17.46, 1000 is $21.25

Jeff

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for the good advice!

10. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

If you have access to office supply printer paper boxes they are a perfect size.

Robert

11. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

While at tournement I once wanted to ship some hulls back home. I went to a UPS shipping store. I was asked what was in the box and truthfully told the clerk they were empty shotshell hulls. They refused to ship them. Went to another UPS shipping store and when asked what was in the boxes I said plastic tubes with metalic end caps. No problem they shipped right out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.