1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to fix loose forearm on 682?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 700X-user, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I recently purchased a new unsingle barrel for my 682 Gold E. The forearm is a little loose. The movement is front to back. I was wondering what the easiest way is to tighten this up. I was told that you can put a small dab of weld on the front of the underside lug and then file to fit. Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Ed

2. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

I know this is simple, but just in case, make sure the screws in the fore end iron are tight.
    OtH

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Welding is your only option....unless you want to install a small shim behind the forend lug each time you assemble the gun.

DO NOT punch or peen the lug or forend iron!!

Doug

4. hcopd

hcopd TS Member

You need to build up the back of the lug. Either shim it of build it up with shome other substance. However the best method would be to sent it to a gumsmith that knows what they are doing like Cole in Maine or briley.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

The best way would be to add some metal (weld) file it to fit and be done with it. Peace of mind and no worries. Better concentration. Better scores,etc.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.