1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to eat Cavier

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I have some questions about Cavier. Is it better to eat it off of horn or mother of pearl or does it matter. Which is best considering the price, Savruga, Osetra or Baluga? How is it best served? With what condiments? I would appreciate any help. Jake

2. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Serve caviar in a crystal, glass or porcelain bowl on a bed of crushed ice, or in a special caviar server with a tiny spoon that is not metal - not even silver - first choice is gold or mother-of-pearl but you can use cheap stuff like horn, wood or glass. It is spread on plain bland crackers. If you need condiments, perhaps you should have gotten better fish eggs. Drink good booze with it - very cold vodka, champagne, or white wine.

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Why would anyone want to eat fish bait????

Jim

4. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

It is more of an acquired taste. sort of like enjoying the taste of booze. kind of over priced, but so are many other things. If you can afford it or just want to show off - have at it.

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Small plates of chopped hard boiled egg and finely chopped onion are often served along with the caviar. Caviar is an acquired taste to be sure, you either love it or hate it. I've had my fair share and I love it. YMMV.

Eric

6. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I'll stick with pickled herring. It can be consumed without one pinky in the air.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

FlaLagarto - you can't do that - a hamburger w/o ketchup just isn't a hamburger. Try hiding the ketchup in a "special sauce" of mixed mayo, ketchup, and mustard, which is the way it all ends up on the burger anyway. At least it then isn't red meat, it's kinda like Reeses Peanut Butter meat; and everyone knows peanut butter is full of good things....Bob Dodd

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"Raw Dog", Good ground round eaten raw with slices of onion on Pumpernickel.

HM

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Check it out.

HM

10. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

HaveGun gave you good advice, except for the cracker part. Use a Mother-of-Pearl spoon and place the caviar directly on your tongue. Pop a couple of eggs at a time and savor. Refresh your palate with good champagne and repeat.

Malossal processed fresh Royal Beluga is the best, and close to the most costly. Osetra is what I used to buy most often.

11. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

An "Aquired Taste" ??? Are you kidding?? About the only thing anyone could aquire from eating caviar is a perforated colon !! That stuff is nasty !!.....Uncle Sam, Pa.

12. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Naked in the Jacuzzi with a bottle of Dom and that special lady.

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They don't talk that much then cause' their afraid you'll see black spots on their teeth!

14. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Baluga caviar is the only 'brand' that I will eat... your fingers are OK. Fred

15. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"Baluga caviar is the only 'brand' that I will eat... your fingers are OK. Fred"

Ain't no bad way to eat Beluga. Fingers, washed down with Vive Cliquot = perfect.

16. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

lots of class here on TS thats for sure

17. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Yo, Have Gun,

I'm a pickled herring guy myself! Great for my cholesteral.

Porcupine

18. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Caviar is a culinary prank, played on those with too much pride to get the joke.

19. gotbass

gotbass Member

I like the little flying fish roe at the sushi place my self. Russian caviar is just an excuse to drink bad potato booze. OH YES and give me some of those cherry koolaid pickles yum. Mike

20. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

FlaLagarto,The movie your are thinking of was BIG he was still a kid in adults body. Cavier should never touch metal. Wood is the best utensil to dish out the eggs, so they say. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.