1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to clean Stainless??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ljutic78s, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic78s

Ljutic78s Member

Need to clean the rib,posts and barrel on a stainless mono gun without melting the beads,any suggestions????? Thanks John

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Over the years, I have had great results with brake cleaner from Advance auto parts, then blow the parts dry, and put on your favorite lube.

The HiViz pipes should be removed from your barrel before applying degreaser and lube.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There is a product called "Shelia Shine" that you can buy at Ace Hardware that works wonder on Stainless steel, you will be amazed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Bob A

Bob A TS Member

I don't really like using WD-40 on guns since it's not really an oil, but for stainless it does usually do a good job. A little bit sprayed on a soft rag will remove stains and fingerprints and leave the surface very clean. You've got to rub it in and not leave any excess. I found it works by accident when I was trying to remove a stain from a SS refridgerator. Works great for cleaning - just be sure to get rid of any residue.

Bob

5. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

These Cape Cod polishing cloths do an awesome job on stainless - JoeBerg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.