1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best waterfoul & turkey chokes mossberg 500 youth?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DoogsGA, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoogsGA

DoogsGA TS Member

recently purchased a Mossberg model 500 super bantam for my son, his first gun, and he wants to hunt EVERYTHING. Any suggestions for duck & turkey? I realize I'll need two different chokes to handle the two different quarry.

2. DoogsGA

DoogsGA TS Member

Thanks for the response Kemper. I just went to the pattern master web-site. They didn't have a choke tube for a 20 gauge. I realized I wasn't specific.

So then, how about a 20 gauge waterfoul & turkey choke?

3. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

I suggest you check out Patternmaster Chokes. I think one of their choke tubes might serve both purposes. A friend got one for his 835 and is very satisfied with the patterns he gets with both steel and lead shotshells. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

4. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Barry said it first. I don't mean to step on Barry's toes as I didn't see the other postings before I submitted mine. Good coke tubes for 12 ga. however. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

5. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Not trying to be funny but have you patterned the tubes that you have and if so what were the results? My youngest son (12) uses a 20 gauge 1100 for waterfowl and #2 steel patterns great out of the stock modified choke that came with his gun. It is my experience that steel shot does best with an open choke on a 20 gauge. Just ask the Mallard and the Goose he knocked down Saturday morning, two shots and both dead before they hit the ground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.