1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

best wads for remington gun club shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blueraven81, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

I'm new to reloading so don't hesitate to explain it to me simply.

I'm using Winchester Primers, and Hodgon's powder.

Any advice of what wads to use for reloading 1 and 1 1/8 oz. 2 3/4 12g Remington Gun Club shells. I've had one recommendation to use Downrange.
    A specific part number would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Blueraven

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

3. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I like the Downrange DRRT12 for 1 oz loads. Downrange lists them as a direct replacement for Remington TGT-12 & CB8100-12

I like the Downrange Windjammer style WJ-12-RPL wads for the 1-1/8 oz load. Downrange shows them as a replacement for WTW-12, WJ1, and CB-4118-12 wads.

As always use a reliable source for your loading data provided from sources such as Hodgdon, Lyman 5th edition shotshell handbook, wad manufacturers, etc., and DO NOT ASSUME it is OK to substitute other components with those listed in the loading manuals.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Any recipe used in Remington STS hulls may be used in Gun Clubs.

HM

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I use Remington TGT-12S wads, the same wad I use in STS hulls. The Remington RXP Power Piston is the wad used in GC factory loads but the TGT-12S is recognized as being a better wad.

Ed

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

blueraven,

If you are refering to shells loaded for singles, I like the TGT-12 or the Figure 8 wad (DownRange or Remington). If I loading for longer range handicap, 25yd+, then I'll use the DownRange Versalite.

ss

7. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Since you are new to reloading I'd recommend sticking to the basics until you get your reloader sorted out and some experience under your belt.

Use Remington or DRM TGT-12 for one ounce loads, and Remington or DRM Fig-8 wads for 1 1/8oz loads. You will encounter zero fit problems that way. BTW, the DRM 1 1/8oz Windjammer replacement will work as well as the Fig-8, with no fit problems.

BTW, you didn't say which Hodgdon powder you were using. My recommendations are for "normal" powders like Clays or International Clays. If you are using a really dense powder like TiteGroup, then use the TGT-12 for all weights. You'll get dished crimps on 1 1/8oz loads with either the Fig-8 or the Windjammer.

8. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

tgt-12 wads, 1 oz shot....what ever powder your using depends on the grains used and primers.

follow load recipes

9. maka

maka Member

BlueR: Take others advice use DR Xl Geen for 1oz. Have been using them for atlease 2yrs. Not only economical, but pattern exalanty. I have used them both with Clays powder and more recently with Promo powder. If you want to load 1-1/8oz., they have wads for them also. Do know where your from but check Recobs web site or do a search on here. Good Luck!

10. wlc

wlc Member

I've used Rem TGT12 with 17 gr. of Red Dot and 1 oz. of shot. I recently switched to DR XL-1. The DR wad run through my MEC a little easier. Both work well. I called Alliant and asked if I could use the recipe listed for AA hulls, Winchester primers, Red Dot, and XL-1 wads in a Gun Club hull. The person I talked to said it was fine. I checked with them again about switching to Cheddite primers and was told it was ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
cb8100 reloading data
gun club shot shell load data
reloading gun club hulls
reloading remington gun club hulls

remington gun club reloading data

remington gun club shotshell reloading data
versalite wads reloading data
wads for remington gun club hulls