1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Wad for HS hulls

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by VNVET, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VNVET

VNVET Member

My current hull inventory is evenly divided between Remmy STS and compression formed AA's and I use the Blue Duster wad for both. A friend just gave me about 4000, once fired Win. HS hulls and I'm thinking about the best wad to use for those. I don't like CB wads and will not use them. I want a 1 1/8 oz load that patterns well for handicap, and yes I'm one of those that use 7 1/2's for everything. I use Int. Clays powder, which is farily coarse grained so I'm not concerned about migration. Some would say the Blue Duster will work in the straight walled HS hull but I question if it would seal properly. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

VNVET,
    I have had the best luck with WJ II (yellow) for 1oz. Ben

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The HS is not a straight walled hull. It has a tapered piece in the bottom to make it effectively a tapered hull like the STS and original AA. Ron

4. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

I second the windjammers in either varity wj or wjII. The rem fig 8's work well too. They are tapered hulls not strait walled as suggested

5. VNVET

VNVET Member

A Buddy is giving me a bag of Downrange wads......don't know the number, which he uses. I'll try those and the Blue Duster's that I have and let you know the results. Thanks for the replies.

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

OK, what's an HS hull?

Neil

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The "HS" hull marking is only on 28's and .410's to my knowledge. Not seen the "HS" marking on the 12 or 20 gauge. HS is supppose to mean high strength.

8. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Neil,
    VNVET is referring to the new style Winchester AA hull, also known as the "High Strength" hull.

Ha! I knew something Neil didn't know! A banner day!

VNVET, you might consider the WAA12 wad which presumably would match the AA factory loading. You probably already knew that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best wad aa hull

best wad for aa hs hull

best wad for aa hull
best wad for new aa hulls
best wad for winchester aa hs hull
best wad for winchester hs hull
best wads for aa hulls
what is hs mean on winchester aa