1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Vehicle Wax?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What do you guys suggest for the best vehicle wax for us outdoorsmen? Thanks

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jax Wax, I use it on all of my vehicles ... You'll have to find a dealer near you, I get if from a guy at the Mopar Club out here in Phx, Az ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. trapster100

trapster100 Member

Klasse.(Period)

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Nu Finish in the orange squeeze bottle. Once every 6 months. Repels everything.

Eric

5. shelly

shelly TS Member

Nu Finish isn't a wax but it is a good polish. Won't produce quite as good a shine as some, but lasts better than most.

6. kriegart

kriegart Member

Insulator Wax is the best stuff I've used.

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Zymol .

I take easy to apply into account, some big name wax (like MacGuiar's) takes forever to wax one hood. Zymol is very easy like NuFinish but shines better.

8. RickNE

RickNE Member

I've tried many and Klasse is my favorite.

9. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

MacGuiar's Gold Class

Tim

10. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Corvette wax. Even repels pet scratches. Even makes a new car shine. Has a picture of a red vet on the can. Easy on and easy off. that is also important to me. Been using it since 1961. Last I got was at a Western Auto store. Probably advertised in Vette magazines. Ray

11. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

I have been detailing vehicles for years...There are so many variations of wax it is amazing, that being said if you have a new car a really nice virgin carnuba is wonderful, if u have something that needs cleaning/finishing then u need a cleaner wax that has some abrasive..It is hard to recommend unless the finish in known~!

Shane

12. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

Going over your car with a clay bar first, will really help. You can get them at most auto body paint stores. Google Adams car finish. He sells clay bars. Has a polish tool that can really make your car shine like new with his finishes. My car is 4 years old. But the finish is still showroom new.I swear by Adams finishes.If your retired, you can pay for trapshooting by polishing other peoples cars. Adams has a dvd showing you how to do everything.It is not rocket science

13. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Collinite #915 Limited Production is my first choice. About $30.00 a tub. Second is Mequiar's #16 in the blue tub. And I do recommend claying your finish first. You'll be amazed how much junk is still on there after you wash your car. I go to Griot's Garage www.griotsgarage.com to buy my clay and silicone spray so it doesn't stick to the finish. Dave T.

14. TjayE

TjayE Member

What is a clay bar?

15. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

Just make sure it does not contain "petroleum distillates", unless you like to have your car repainted. Eats the clearcoat.

16. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It seems like carnuba wax is the basis for the best wax and still can't be beat so anything that has pure carnuba in it should be good.

17. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Gapper: Most all cleaner/wax products contain Petro distillates. I would be more worried about the acid rain that eats clear coats than that. Dave T.

18. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Zymol. CARNUBA....

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I use a base such as Nu Finish, then apply the Jax Wax over it for maximum shine ... The Nu Finish protects the paint while to Jax Wax shines it ... Jax Wax is Carnuba wax and is used primarily on show cars ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

Wax Shop SuperGlaze is awesome, easy on and easy off even in the hot direct sun. It is a liquid so it is easier to apply but also means it doesn't last as long as a paste, just have to do it a little more often. I'll bet you could wax the car 3 times with superglaze in the same amount of time it would take you to wax the same car once with a good paste wax.
    The added benefit of the SuperGlaze is that it doesn't leave a white powdery residue on rubber weather stripping and around emblems if you don't get it all off.
    If needed they also make a cleaner called Safecut its a cleaner/polish and won't leave swirl marks, then go over it with the superglaze wax.
    If you have a black or dark colored vehicle you know how hard it can be to make it look good, you won't be disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.