1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Best value South or Central Amer. dove hunt pkg.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by One Eyed Left Handed, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Looking for high volume and overall value. Been to Mexico three times, great hunt but overpriced. Went with a group of 7 to Cordoba last year and had a great time. 3,000 rounds in six hunts. Nice Estancia, one night in Buenos Aries prior to the hunt and it ran $4500.00 all inclusivewith air. Anybody got a better deal going?

Got 6 or so that want to go again, probably Jan of 2013. Interested in any stories of prior hunts. Post or PM would be great!

Eddie Quir

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Too hard to compare-- but I say that only after having attempted that comparison many times--- the outfitters all know what the others charge and what the markup of each part if any is.

I dont think you can save any significant money but what you can do is screw yourself on the quality of the lodge or the quality of the hunt

Travel time to the fields is also a big issue.

If you had a great lodge and good shooting- go again

We went to Sierra Bravo last year and had a good time- none of us were big drinkers but they had open bar

I shot 5000 doves and took 6300 shells to do it

Obviously my shell bill was the most expensive part of the hunt

My theory was- I have come all this way- I am going to do it- no scrimp on shells

I shot 28 gauge and brought two 28 gauge guns with me

Sometimes you can really luck out with airfares and sometimes you cant

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. senorric

senorric Member

Having been in Argentina on vacation, we decided to try Los Chanares Estancia in Cordoba last February. 41 boxes/1025 shells for 619 doves (bird boy's count) with a 28 ga. Silver Pigeon. Only hunted for the day and would HIGHLY recommend this outfit for quantity of birds and quality of facility. Maximum of 10 minutes to the fields. Check out their website. I fully agree with "you get what you pay for" ----

4. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm leaving Friday for La Loma lodge--Cordoba--via TREK! Two 1/2 days and 3 full days incl. airfare and it's $3000. Then you have to add in tips and shells AND there in now a fuel surcharge which was $550. This is my 1st doves only trip. I've been on 4 other multi hunts with ducks, pigeons, perdiz and some dorado fishing. These cost 5-6K plus shells and tips. I'm going on a Uruguay trip in June which involves 6 days of shooting and incls 2 afternoons of great dorado fishing,. That trip is 5K plus shells and tips. $4500 for your trip sounds about right with shells etc! Mexico was great in the 80's and 90's, but can't compare any longer with South America. When you consider in the potential danger factor--Mexico is off the list.

5. senorric

senorric Member

Remember when calculating cost, shells could be your largest expense. I had a low rate of shots fired as I would cherry pick my shots. One could easily shoot 4,000 to 5,000 shells a day if the body can take it. I did the 28 ga. but would try a .410 for at least one hunt session. I found it surprising that the price per box was the same no matter what the gauge. Cordoba is definitely the dove shooting capital.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

7. pdq

pdq Member

I didn't think trapshooters were allowed to take trips like this.

I mean -- all I hear on this List is a lot of belly aching because the ATA raised their fees a buck or 2, and their local club raised the price of a round of trap by 50 cents and because of this, they can't afford to shoot any more.

I guess things aren't as desperate as people would have you believe.

pdq

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.