1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

== Best Value on New Single Barrel Trap Gun ==

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GW22, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yesterday at the club a young shooter, who's ready to get a little more serious, asked me about the best value I've seen on a SBT. I gave him some suggestions on being patient and buying used, but he's pretty intent on buying new despite being on a tight budget. So I sent him to the one at the above link. I stressed the importance of an adjustable comb, so he can adjust POI to his liking.

Any better ideas?

-Gary

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yesterday at the club a young shooter, who's ready to get a little more serious, asked me about the best value I've seen on a SBT. I gave him some suggestions on being patient and buying used, but he's pretty intent on buying new despite being on a tight budget. So I sent him to the one at the above link. I stressed the importance of an adjustable comb, so he can adjust POI to his liking.

Any better ideas?

-Gary

3. chemist

chemist Member

Several older Grade I BT's on this sight- reasonable- I sold mine to my best friends' son who has only been shooting several months- started with his fathers 1897, and sport. It has an adj comb, gracoil, and Keene rib -he listened, eventually, to "a" suggestion- but as my dear departed learned dad once said. " You cannot put an old head on a young body" . Hope he finds his choice and shoots well.

R. Kaplan- chemist

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

It is just really hard to find a better buy than a BT99.

5. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I picked up a new BT99 for just at $ 1000 delivered.

I can't see a better value than that.

6. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Find a nice used Perazzi TM-1 hands down the best value in trapshooting! Phil Simms

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Although I prefer the older BT-99's, which where and still are the best SBT made for the money. If he wants new he will spend more money and get the plain looking model. The older ones look nicer and seem to be better built. Jon

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You guys need to read Phils post again, I think you misseds the word "VALUE" The TM1 is cheap for what you get and will only go up in value

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Of course you could also read whiz white's post on tm1 parts availability...

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

SKB's offer a lot of gun for a pretty good price.

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

If he wants NEW I would suggest the Remington 870 Classic Trap. You can find them reasonably priced.

Wayne

12. Stl Flyn

I took a new shooter, and tight budget as around a thousand dollars. It would be tough to find a used TM-1 beat to hell for that, let alone a new one. Read the post. Trap guns are usually shot pretty quick after purchase.

13. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Best value is the Ithaca Century trap full choke 34" ($650) used in great shape. Shot against $6500.00 Ljutic one touch, Ljutic shot buy the best 24/25 23 smoked, another round 25 /25 smoked. Century shot by stoke victim 21/25 21 smoked, only one round shot. Value is the Century hands down even over the BT-99's.

Harry

14. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming when you say single barrel trap gun, you're talking about a break open gun? If this is so, then absolutely the BT 99 is the best Value for a single barrel trap gun hands down.

These guns have proven to be highly reliable and very tough. If something fails which is rare, parts are readily available and just about every gun smith can fix-m.

Like other have said, there's a lot good used one's floating around, but new or used, they're value for money spent.

Surfer

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

A real nice clean BT-99 Plus. They're around if you look hard enough!!

16. Stl Flyn

New people, NEW!!!!! "He is pretty intent on buying new".

17. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I'd say for a NEW gun on a budget an 1100 classic trap is the way to go.Rods could put a adjustable comb on it easy enough, if desired.Time proven design and no service issues if a break down occurs. A good demand at time of resale if need be.

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, the young man wants a NEW single barrel BREAK-OPEN style gun. Is there any such a gun even close to the value offered by a brand new BT-99 with adjustable comb for $1199.99? The kid's dad even travels to PA on business and can pick it up to save the shipping and FFL transfer charges.

-Gary

19. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I believe that the best value in an adjustable single barrel trap gun is the 90T HPAR. Parts availability isn't an issue and they are built to last several life times. If I was in the market for a single barrel trap gun it would start and end with a 90T.

ss

20. DeAdLy.90T

DeAdLy.90T Member

Beretta 391 obs. Light on recoil and can be used for other sports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
affordable single barrel trap gun
best gun for singles trap

best single barrel trap gun

best single barrel trap shotgun
best value trap guns
shooting singles trap for money
the best single barrel shotgun for traps
top single trap gun